Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: A Revival Hymn

James Nicholson~
[i]Lord Jesus I long to be perfectly whole
I want You forever to live in my soul
Break down every idol
Cast out every foe
Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Lord Jesus, look down from Thy throne in the skies
And help me to make a complete sacrifice.
I give up myself
and whatever I know
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.

Lord Jesus, for this I most humbly entreat;
I wait, blessed Lord, at Thy crucified feet.
By faith for my cleansing
I see Thy blood flow
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.

Lord Jesus, Thou seest I patiently wait;
Come now and within me a new heart create.
To those who have sought Thee
Thou never saidst 'No'-
Now wash me and I shall abe whiter than snow.

Whiter than snow, yes, whiter than snow
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.[/i]
~~~
"The king's daughter is all glorious within; her clothing is of wrought gold." Psalm 45:13
The King's daugher, how wonderous the thought!
Not born into this world with higher rank. No, rather we all regardless of background are commissioned to be born again, into the postition which Christ, the King of Kings, has purchased for us! We then receive as an inhertance and endowment which is greater than our comprehension, more grand than all we could ever imagine, and a gift which intent is to make us into sons and daughters of the Lord Almighty!

Our heavenly Father's desire is that we be a testimony of His love, His grace, His everlasting mercies, His power to heal and cleanse our hearts and souls, to 'father' us into His Kingdom.

While He chastens us it is entirely for our good. He has made abundant provision for every cause within the realms of His grace. He has given to us His Word and His Spirit to teach us and guide us and train us how to walk in this holy rank.

He does not simply change our appearance from the pauper we once were, He does not spoil us with possessions; nor allow pretense to fill our heart when we begin thinking too highly of ourself. No, rather, the one whom God loves He rebukes and chastens.

Oh, to be the King's daughter!
To allow the refining hand of God to purify!
To give place to the Potter who molds and shapes and cleans out the heart of the vessel, making it into a vessel usable in His hands.
To pursue godliness with a heart of humility that yeilds to God's divine hand and purpose; to listen attentively to the instructive voice of the Holy Spirit and learn studiously the precious wisdom and life giving direction from His Word!
To be clean! Ever ready to repent, to be washed, to deny the flesh its profane position of defilement. Rather to embrace the cross and cling to the Lord of the cross receiving of His resurrection power to overcome!

Oh Lord, make us, Your children, all glorious within!!!
~Anonymous

2008/10/9 8:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Colossians 3:16

Last night as my husband and I were traveling home started singing snatches of this song, but had forgotten how the first verse started. So, a few minutes I went online to see if I could not find this song on the web and would you know it lead me to SI, to this thread!

Now I am bumping this up for others' benefit. I looked through it and thought it so inspirational that I felt others could be blessed as well....so, here it is...

ginnyrose

2011/10/10 8:38Profile
MaryJane

Re:

thank you for this thread. I really am encouraged having read through it this morning.

God bless
mj

2011/10/10 8:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy