SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : matthew 10:32-33

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
passerby

Re:

The apostle John had also said something related in 1 John 2:22-23, however, the passge has a beggining in 1 John 2:18:

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour. Just as you heard that an antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour...

...1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ? The person who denies the Father and the Son is the antichrist.

1Jo 2:23 No one who denies the Son has the Father. The person who acknowledges the Son also has the Father.

Have you encountered preachers and writers claiming to be Christians, who advocate for peace, unity, world order, or purpose but do not really preach the LOrd Jesus Christ.

And as the apostle Paul said in 2Ti 3:5, "They will hold to an outward form of godliness but deny its power. Stay away from such people".

Where is the Lord Jesus Christ, where is the wisdom and power of the gospel in these best sellers.

2008/9/22 0:05Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re:

And how are these text to be implicated related to 'witnessing & evangelism'. Just like Peter, he failed...how is that for us if we fail to testify or deny Christ (even if we don't want to for real but because of fear or something) ... what are the consequenses? Are this consequences of eternal (losing salvation) or do we have to grow and pray for the Holy Spirit to help us in this. Because when I read these texts it looks like it's about losing your salvation/Christ not knowing you, but on the other side I don't think that's the case because of contexts and explanations. What do you guys think? Anyone got a clear scriptural explanation for these things?

2008/11/24 5:43Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re:

anyone can explain this clear from scripture?

2008/11/25 15:20Profile
passerby

Re:

Quote:
And how are these text to be implicated related to 'witnessing & evangelism'.

Do you mean failure to preach or share the Gospel in relation to the 'great commission' and that this failure to participate in that labor we will be denied or lose our salvation.

2008/11/25 23:47Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re:

Yes, that's what I mean. Say I've had a chance to share some of Christ but I backed down of didn't do it. How is this text then to be implied? Does this text have anything to do with evangelising?
What is the context of these texts and how is this meant?

God bless.

2008/11/26 6:46Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:
What is denying Christ? Peter also denied Him before men. How is this to be interpreted?

Denying Christ is not referring to a single denial that is repented of. It is referring to a life that is lived without Christ. Christ did not demand unwavering perfection. He did demand a continuing faithfulness. For example, Jesus said whoever confesses him before men, he would also confess before his Father in heaven. Based on the whole of the New Testament, this is not applying to a one-time denial by Peter. Rather, Peter's defining pattern of being zealous for Christ and his name is what defined that he confessed Christ before men. Peter was a confessor, and Jesus confessed him also before his Father in heaven.

2008/11/26 9:37Profile
passerby

Re:

I think one cause of the proliferation of
"false gospel" are those inordinate evangelistic efforts where among which evangelism became legalistic or a status symbol among christians.

Evangelism became a marketing campaign exalting one's management skills, obligating everybody to participate as an strategy to gain multiplier's effect.

They labor for soul winning, while their conduct is a very bad witness for a real christian.

To lift up the Lord Jesus Christ before men is to become a good witness for Him in our conduct. To win souls requires much prayer, utmost dependence on the Holy Spirit and other preparations otherwise we may as well violate the sanctity of the gospel, turn away people from Christ, or raise false converts.

We must resist legalism and make much consideration before participating formally in this labor.

2008/11/27 2:43Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re:

Anyone can explain the texts from scripture itself?

And say for example, I have the possibility to testify but I don't do it because I'm ashamed and acting like a coward. And this repeats itself over and over again...but still you have a heart for God and want to serve Him and tell about the cross of Christ. What are the consequences of this? Has testifying or not testifying consequenses for our salvation? And what are the consequenses in this situation and whats God will in this? We don't have to testify to testify because that would be legalism, but still if we don't or are cowards...what do we do? is God working on our hearts?

COULD SOMEONE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS CLEARLY, I REALLY WANT A BIBLICAL LOOK ON THIS.

2008/11/27 13:31Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re:

anyone again? is it possible someone just answers the question I asked from scripture?
thank you.

2008/11/29 11:10Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Re:

Mark 8:38
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels

This verse does not say that you will lose your salvation, but it certainly is frightening to have Jesus be ashamed of you. I remember not wanting people to think I was weird or stupid because I testified, but I prayed to God and he gave me courage to testify. I started out small just carrying my Bible around in public and then increased more and more. The Bible does state confession of Christ as Lord as a requirement for salvation.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

2008/11/29 17:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy