SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Romans 6:6 How does it affect us?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
jerryaustin1

Louisiana

Re:

But Brother, Paul writes "Likewise reckon ye yourselves ye yourselves also to be dead indeed unto sin (inbred sin) ..." We are to reckon our selves dead to inbred sin. Also in Rom 6:6 ' Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him THAT THE BODY OF SIN MIGHT BE DESTROYED that HENCEFORTH WE SHOULD NOT SERVE SIN" My brother, it clearly states that the old man was crucified for the purpose of the destruction of body of sin (inbred sin)Is not deliverance from inbred sin come through reckoning?

2008/9/11 15:20Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There is a navigation formula called dead reckoning. As a pilot I gather all the information, heading to destination, weather, fuel, speed, distance, wind direction, altitude, etc. then plan my trip. Is this not the way God wants us to reckon ourselves dead in Christ and alive unto God. Gathering all the information for the trip. Don't forget to get the weather forecast from the One that is given this reckoning formula to get to where we are going. In Christ to the Father.

Main Entry: reck·on
Pronunciation: \ˈre-kən\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): reck·oned; reck·on·ing \ˈre-kə-niŋ, ˈrek-niŋ\
Etymology: Middle English rekenen, from Old English -recenian (as in gerecenian to narrate); akin to Old English reccan
Date: 13th century
transitive verb
1 a: count b: estimate, compute c: to determine by reference to a fixed basis
2: to regard or think of as : consider
3chiefly dialect : think, suppose

2008/9/12 17:21Profile
jerryaustin1

Louisiana

Re:

Well said brother Phillip.

2008/9/13 5:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net