SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer in the Square NYC

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tinluke

New England USA

Prayer in the Square NYC

Did anyone here get the chance to attend Prayer in the Square hosted by Times Square Church yesterday?? I'm am eternaly grateful that I had the opportunity to attend. There was such a witness of Christ's love in particular for NYC but also for His Church in general. Over thirty thousand people attended from all across the country and cried out to God in unity. It was an awesome experience to walk down the streets of NYC with the saints of God proclaiming that Jesus is King!

Throughout the entire day yesterday I felt like the Holy Spirit just kept reassurning all of us that revival is at the door!! I know in my spirit that we will all see it very soon!! Check out the video from yesterday and listen to the sermon "evicting Uzziah."

http://www.nycprayer.org/

2008/9/8 9:11Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Prayer in the Square NYC

Hi tinluke,

I was very fortunate and blessed to be able to attend! I was encouraged and feel refreshed.

About what you shared about revival being near, I thought maybe I could share this little story of something that happened to me while I was there.

I arrived early by train on Sunday and spent some time walking down Broadway, having never been to NYC before. I came across TS Church and had a look at the outside and read the things that were out front. I decided though to keep walking further and eventually I came across(I guess it was) Central Park? I stayed there for a while and decided to make my way back towards TS.

For some reason I felt I should walk back on the other side of the street and somehow I must have gotten confused. Eventualy as I was walking I realised that instead of going back towards TS, I was going further away!

But here's the neat thing, or at least I thought it was. As I was walking I came across a Museum about the Bible. It was enough to get my attention so I went over closer, and as I did I noticed this sculpture of a man sitting on a bench. I think he had his hand held out. As I moved in to examine this I noticed a plaque on a stand. It was about the man named Jeremiah Lamphier and the city wide prayer that took place in NY many years ago.

It seemed like a silent witness to me that it can happen again :-)

2008/9/9 20:54Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

Hey Chris,

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's really awesome how God can work in the small things... like getting us lost...to provoke us to thought. Before attending the gathering, revival seemed like a very far off thing, but know I know I will see it soon!

2008/9/11 16:33Profile
kathleen1

Re: Prayer in the Square NYC

thanks for the encouragement this post provided. I haven't gotten to watch this yet but I have already burnt the dvd you mentioned about evicting Uzziah. Getting ready to go watch it. You know, when God blew into Adam's nostrils, every member of his body began to function correctly. I know when the Holy Spirit blows through the Body of Christ it will function correctly. For those of us who have never seen this and only read or heard about it, God help us. He knows our desperate need. I long to see His glory fill His sanctuary-and are not we His temple? Oh, God help us be prepared vessels for your glory and presence! Revive us, Oh Lord. Only You can!

2008/9/13 17:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy