SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why 95% of Blacks Support Obama

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
repentcanada

Why 95% of Blacks Support Obama

Listen to the Sept 1/08 Radio show with Kevin Swanson as he interviews Jesse Lee Peterson:

http://www.generationswithvision.com/broadcast.aspx

It's about time I heard of a black preacher tell it how it is on a number of issues pertinent to the Gospel.

2008/9/6 19:16Profile
paula4jc

Re: Why 95% of Blacks Support Obama

I was about to listen to the audio at the link you posted, instead I decided to browse the titles first when I saw this "Barack Obama, the Antichrist."

2008/9/6 21:06Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

paula4jc wrote:
I was about to listen to the audio at the link you posted, instead I decided to browse the titles first when I saw this "Barack Obama, the Antichrist."

Have you listened to any of that audio? They don't believe Obama is the Antichrist...

2008/9/6 22:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

"Barack Obama, the Antichrist" is worthwhile to listen to. Methinks the title is a tad bit misleading - on the other hand it may get people to listen to it that otherwise might pass it on by.

I listened to several talks on that website and would have to agree with them. There is one I do have fears and that is titled "When it is Alright for a Christian to shoot to Kill" and I do not think they were talking about coon or deer hunting...

The topic mentioned in the lead post - an interview with Jesse Leigh Peterson - was so good. Wish he would come to our corner in Mississippi and preach...and I am not sure but what the black population would run him out. He is right on in his evaluation of the problems that plague the black community. He also says how whites are adopting this same mindset with the same consequences and we are seeing this as well.

Thanks for posting this link...

ginnyrose

2008/9/7 19:27Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Does anyone remember 'Bill Clinton, The AntiChrist' or 'George Bush, The AntiChrist'... you know, these are the kinds of accusations that make Christ's church so innefective in this generation. All of our slander is only going to keep us from being able to reach this generation for Jesus.

If an black person were to read this thread, coming to this forum to deepen his/her faith in Christ, he/she could end up being stumbled by this type of talk. [b][u]A moderator should lock and bury this thread immediately[/b][/u].

Keep this conversation out of SermonIndex, it is not appropriate, and not in the spirit of Christian charity. I don't see how any conversation like this can spur people to biblical revival -it will only cause us to sink deeper into sin.

2008/9/7 19:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Brother Iansmith, did you listen to the the talk referred to in the lead article? I can promise you we have friends of color who would agree 100%!

ginnyrose

2008/9/7 19:41Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I don't care if you can rationalize the biblical value of it, it has no place on this forum. This kind of thing is not the work of Jesus, but party spirit. Jesus never preached or taught against the political leaders in his time. He said 'give unto Caesar what is Caesar's.' I.e. Let the secular government deal with the secular government.

If we really want revival, we need to leave our political affiliations at the door.

2008/9/7 19:51Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

iansmith wrote:
Jesus never preached or taught against the political leaders in his time. He said 'give unto Caesar what is Caesar's.' I.e. Let the secular government deal with the secular government.

If we really want revival, we need to leave our political affiliations at the door.

What about John the Baptist?

2008/9/7 20:51Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Preach,

John the Baptist called men and women to repentance. He did not denounce men and women publically for their sins for his own agenda, but sought to bring them to a merciful and forgiving God through repentance.

What are our motives for denouncing our political leaders. Who here has prayed for the strengthening of Obama and McCain's Christian character -who here prayers for genuine salvation and revival of their political leaders... or are we busy praying against them.

This is why I think this kind of topic is inappropriate -I'm not going to claim any kind of prophetic knowledge, but generally these kind of things lack grace and prayer.

Here's a question to you... when is the last time you went to Washington DC in camel skins and called men and women to repent and be baptized. If you want to claim John's mantel, live as John did.

2008/9/7 21:00Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Does anyone remember 'Bill Clinton, The AntiChrist' or 'George Bush, The AntiChrist'... you know, these are the kinds of accusations that make Christ's church so innefective in this generation. All of our slander is only going to keep us from being able to reach this generation for Jesus.

The odd thing is that this sounds like a direct quote from that radio show...

2008/9/7 21:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy