SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Supernatural weeping--any of you experience this?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
learn

Supernatural weeping--any of you experience this?

Was wondering, has anyone ever experience.

Weeping that you cannot yourself cause it. What I mean is that, you will suddenly burst into tears or suddenly weep for no good reason.

I've experienced it many times after my conversion.

Sometimes, its when trying to say 'my obedience to God'--before I can even complete 1 sentence, tears would just pour out

Sometimes, when reading or watching certain people (it can be a real Christian or just somebody that wants to be healed through God). Its as if the spirit is telling me that God knows this person and is weeping for that person

Sometimes while just reading or doing normal Christian stuff

Etc etc

Most of the weeping is 'supernatural' in the sense that I cannot 'replicate' it or at the very minimum have to take some time to replicate it (by thinking of something very sad or watching a very sad movie or being very humble and contrite before God)--but for me, this 'supernatural weeping' just happen instantaneously. For example, a stinging in my nose suddenly and the tears would flow. Or the trembling/fluttering in the stomach or chest area when crying--which of course I try to replicate later on but fail (ie the trembling of the stomach/heart). Sometimes it seems so obvious that there are 2 spirits in me in the sense that the holy spirit is crying and my spirit is like an observer to it. Of course, there are times that the holy spirit 'involves my spirit' and I feel like I'm really crying due to my heart being touched.

Appreciate replies. Thanks

2008/9/6 7:48Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Supernatural weeping--any of you experience this?

Reply to Learn

Yes, I have wept unexpectedly in communion with other Christians.

A little of what is taught in God’s Holy Word.

Psalms30
1. I will extol thee, O Lord; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
2. O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
3. O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
4. Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
5. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
6. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
7. Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
8. I cried to thee, O Lord; and unto the Lord I made supplication.
9. What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?
10. Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper.
11. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12. To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Are your mornings filled with gladness? Thank God that you are clean every wit and our Lord washed yesterdays mire from your feet with tears of forgiveness. Jesus opened the way and we pass through to The Mercy Seat in His name and in His body

Praise God every morning for the song in your heart that sings of the greatness of God and the love of Jesus.

If you awoke with eternal life and joy in your heart and a peace that is beyond our understanding, then you have a testimony of healing and hope that flows from The mercy Seat through a broken and contrite heart. [color=009900]Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.[/color]

Eddie

2008/9/6 10:46Profile
learn

Re:

Eddie, thanks for your answer.

I managed to find a website on the 'gift of tears'. Although my tears are more varied (in the sense it can be silent tears or great sobs--with or without emotion, without a trigger causing the tears), it was good to read the website.

The interesting thing is that in the website, it also contained a page on tongues (where it said that 'a gift of tears is often given to those that are not given a gift of tongues')--well, I don't speak in tongues, but I do certainly weep.

Ok, does anybody here not speak in tongues but weep like myself? Appreciate replies.

http://www.helpforchristians.co.uk/articles/a28.asp

http://www.helpforchristians.co.uk/articles/a30.asp

2008/9/6 12:08Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

One thought, does the Bible speak of the "gift" of tears? I don't believe it does and it's best that we don't try and put extra-biblical labels onto such things.

2008/9/6 15:48Profile
learn

Re:

Quote:

HomeFree89 wrote:
One thought, does the Bible speak of the "gift" of tears? I don't believe it does and it's best that we don't try and put extra-biblical labels onto such things.

Nope. The bible does not have it and that's why I finally decided to ask. It was nice to note though, that what I have is not as unusual as I thought based on that website. I do know that there are preachers like Tozer (who had tears at times when he prayed), Spurgeon and Leonard Ravenhill (where in some of Ravenhill's sermons, his voice almost broke as if he would almost cry) but the thing which I wanted to know was whether anyone had it on a more consistent basis without self-inducing the tears (through our own emotions). So far, looks like I'm the only one here that has it on various occasions. Hopefully there will be others besides myself.

2008/9/6 16:25Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Yes, I weep more then I speak in tongues.

2008/9/6 16:35Profile
learn

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
Yes, I weep more then I speak in tongues.

Miccah, is your weeping due to your own emotions or is it a supernatural affair (ie one that you could not have started it yourself). Thanks

What I'm interested in is one that you could not possibly start it yourself.

2008/9/6 16:49Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Hello Learn,

Something like what you said happens to me - usually when I am praying.

Sometimes it is emotional, like when I think of my Saviour on the way to the cross - that He endured all of that pain and suffering for me, so that I could live - and then when I experience the beauty of all that He is, I cry even more.

Sometimes the tears just start to fall, and I feel His pain - it is such a great sorrow, the depths of which is hard to express. These tears I can not stop.

Sometimes I just start weeping out of sheer gratitude - that He would love me after all that I have done and the foolish things that I continue to do and He is always so patient and so kind.

Oh, the blessedness of our precious Saviour.

Edit - And sometimes just because when I am reading His Word, or praying over my meal, He falls upon me so sweetly that my heart can barely take it.

2008/9/6 17:51Profile
MisterCheez

Colorado

Re: Supernatural weeping--any of you experience this?

I'm not endorsing this but do seem to have experienced emotions that were not my own during a time of prayer or ministry. When meditating or speaking upon some topic, powerful emotion has stirred up (tears, shaky voice, sorrow, joy, etc) and then vanished as soon as I moved on to something else. As if the Lord were revealing his burden through/to me - something He is very moved about but I may be unfeeling on the matter.

2008/9/8 11:19Profile
learn

Re:

Quote:

MisterCheez wrote:
I'm not endorsing this but do seem to have experienced emotions that were not my own during a time of prayer or ministry. When meditating or speaking upon some topic, powerful emotion has stirred up (tears, shaky voice, sorrow, joy, etc) and then vanished as soon as I moved on to something else. As if the Lord were revealing his burden through/to me - something He is very moved about but I may be unfeeling on the matter.

Thanks. I think you are the one that are closest to me on some of my occassions although I don't have the shaky voice.

2008/9/8 11:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy