SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Sanctification: Wesleylen or Keswick? (Please state briefly what they are and which one you believe

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"""How do you believe it is obtained? Through indentification with the death of Chirst or by asking in faith believing?"""

Through the identification of the Life in Christ, and the teaching, line upon line and precept upon precept, by the Holy Spirit.

Something comes alive in the believer. Eph 1, Col 1:27-28, Gal 2: 16-20.

Christ in you the hope of Glory. It is finished in Christ, It is being finished in Christ, It will be finished in Christ. 2 Corinthians 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

Then the sanctification begins, In Christ: Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Taught by: John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/9/14 15:57Profile

Re:

A quote from Tozer......Volitional Attachment

There is also the volitional attachment to Christ. If I am going to follow Christ in complete and total commitment I must do it by a continuous act of my will. A Christian who tries to live on impulse and inspiration, wine hopes to sail to heaven over the undulating sea of religious feeling, is making a bad mistake. A man who lives on his feelings is not living very well and is not going to last very long. The old writers used to tell us of the dark night of the soul There's a place where a Christian goes through darkness, where there is heaviness. God isn't going to take us off to heaven all wrapped in cellophane looking as if we ought to be hanging on a Christmas tree. God is going to take us there after He has purged us and disciplined us and dragged us through the fire and has made us strong and has taught us that faith and feeling are not the same--although faith, thank God, brings feeling sometimes.

We used to sing, "High heaven that heard my solemn vow, that vow renewed shall daily hear. " People are afraid of that kind of thing now, but I believe just as Daniel determined that be would riot eat of the king's meat and as Jesus set His face like a flint, and just as Paul said "This one thing I do, " the true follower of Christ must be a man whose will has been sanctified. He dare not be a will-less man. I never believed that when we teach the deeper life we should teach that God destroys our will. But God unites our will with His will and our will becomes strong in His will, and sometimes as we go on in God we hardly know whether it is our will
or God' s that is working at a given moment.

2008/9/14 21:35
passerby

Re:

Sanctification requires an active participation of a christian, you can not just lie there in wordly indulgences and boom! you are sanctified.

How can any claim of being a Christian without having the fruits of Christ sanctification, let us not have our faith to be in vain.

1 Cor 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals

Yes Christians can be entirely sanctified while here in our mortal bodies, but there will be no Christian perfection until we are GLORIFIED.

But while on earth let us take heed of the apostles admonition on holy living, obedience, and sanctification without which we must be ashamed to call ourselves Christians.

2008/9/14 21:40Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily.

Age old story, we must do it. The Christ story, our labor is according to Christ working in us mightily.

Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour , striving according to his working , which worketh in me mightily .

Labour;

2872. kopiao
Search for G2872 in KJVSL
kopiaw kopiao kop-ee-ah'-o
from a derivative of 2873; to feel fatigue; by implication, to work hard:--(bestow) labour, toil, be wearied.

striving;

Strong's Greek Dictionary
75. agonizomai
Search for G75 in KJVSL
agwnizomai agonizomai ag-o-nid'-zom-ahee
from 73; to struggle, literally (to compete for a prize), figuratively (to contend with an adversary), or genitive case (to endeavor to accomplish something):--fight, labor fervently, strive.

His working:

1753. energeia
Search for G1753 in KJVSL
energeia energeia en-erg'-i-ah
from 1756; efficiency ("energy"):--operation, strong, (effectual) working.

Which worketh;

1754. energeo
Search for G1754 in KJVSL
energew energeo en-erg-eh'-o
from 1756; to be active, efficient:--do, (be) effectual (fervent), be mighty in, shew forth self, work (effectually in).

By His active, operative:--effectual, powerful in us.

We only do the labour and striving, it is He that effectually does the work in us.

Let us seek Him that is Perfect and did all the work for our sanctification on the Cross.

Colossians 3:1-10 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created Him:

He was made our Sanctification.,

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Sanctified in Christ, being Sanctified in Christ and will be Sanctified in Christ.

To know Him is our sanctification in Him:

Phillip

2008/9/14 22:42Profile

Re:

If anyone counts surrender as a work, then I am guilty as charged, i only wish I was more guilty...........Frank

2008/9/14 23:41
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen Frank,

Surrender is our Labour and our striving, by His working in us. As Christ surrendered completely, even to obedience of death on a Cross.

By His, By His active, operative and effectual, powerful work in us.

"It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me".

Galatians 2:16-21 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is the Faith of the Son of God which effectually works in us that we might surrender as He did. Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2008/9/15 15:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy