SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who feels led to help

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
learn

Who feels led to help

I've been frequenting an ex-christian forum recently. Its very sad to hear the testimonies there. Some really tried very hard and I think that some may still be open to discussions. There is 1 there that may be reachable and has said he's willing to discuss even with Christians. There is 1 that possibly may have evil spirit possessed during the 'blessings' from what I've read in his testimony and he is not aware of it. (Not too sure but I can't imagine a laying of hands will result in 'that situation')

Was thinking, does anyone feel led to help. The person must have lots of compassion and mercy and not be quarrelsome. Many in the forum there have seen Christians behave un-Christianlike, so I do not want to add fuel to fire. Plus, if one does not have discernment and know when to hold back, one will most likely get kick out of the forum. I will provide more details only if there are any that are interested. Thanks

2008/9/3 8:08Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Who feels led to help

This forum sounds so strange to me. Ex-Christian forum?

I have to ask, but what is the difference between an ex-Christian and a backslider?

It just sounds confusing. Maybe that is why they need help, because they are confused.

2008/9/3 8:17Profile
learn

Re:

Enid, there's nothing strange about this forum. There's forums for anything under the sun :) Ex-Christians are those that were Christians but now do not believe in Christianity anymore. Most of them are now aetheists or agnostics.

Backsliders can be those that have strayed from Christianity but have not necessarily given up the faith or may have given up the faith

2008/9/3 9:33Profile

Re:

I would caution agaisnt jumping into that mess unless you've been walking with the Lord for awhile and know how to talk to people like that. If you dont they can whip your butt with arguments and rhetoric.

Can be very dangerous if you dont know what you're doing.

Krispy

2008/9/3 10:04
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Whatever they may be, and I wouldn't know, I'm just going by what you have said, they seem confused.

Once they were Christians, but now they have done an about face and now deny God.

2 Tim 2v12...if we deny Him, He will also deny us.

Hebrews 10v38, 'Now the just shall live by faith, but if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.

These people are lost, and it seems as if you have a concern for them, which is good.
But do see to it that all the negative discussion you have with them, does not lead to you being lost the same way in which they are.

2008/9/3 11:08Profile
learn

Re:

Quote:

enid wrote:
Whatever they may be, and I wouldn't know, I'm just going by what you have said, they seem confused.

Once they were Christians, but now they have done an about face and now deny God.

2 Tim 2v12...if we deny Him, He will also deny us.

Hebrews 10v38, 'Now the just shall live by faith, but if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.

These people are lost, and it seems as if you have a concern for them, which is good.
But do see to it that all the negative discussion you have with them, does not lead to you being lost the same way in which they are.

Enid, thanks for your concern. Actually I've not discussed with them yet and may not do so. The reason being, that it requires among other things one of which is a level of commitment etc which I am not able to spare at the moment. (I do feel for them, but I also know that I will be 'carrying' more than what I can if I were to help now.) Plus, the best chance of success is only if it can be done one on one (can be through internet) but away from the forum. If its conducted in that forum or even in a Christian forum, the chances of it succeeding is basically zero and likely to do more damage than good.

I posted my request because I did see a potential opening on someone there and feel obliged to at least ask for help. However, I do not really expect anybody to offer their services (unless there's a real prompting by the Holy Spirit), plus I will 'screen' whoever is interested. I do not intend to give out the forum's address to simply anyone or to put it in this website as well-meaning but ill-equipped folks may go there. One need to have lots of experience in dealing with different people, forums, situations and religion--if not it can make matters worse for all parties involved.

2008/9/3 11:42Profile
davym

Re:

Quote:
I would caution agaisnt jumping into that mess unless you've been walking with the Lord for awhile and know how to talk to people like that. If you dont they can whip your butt with arguments and rhetoric.

I'd have to second that. These forums are a strong medium for Satan to attack your faith.

I know you're just asking for help, but please be careful.

David

2008/9/3 12:02Profile
farshort

Denison, Tx

Re:

Many of these people, if not most, have been innoculated against the gospel, because they have heard a false gospel,and many times they will not listen to the true gospel because it's different from what they have heard all their lives.It is strange to them,it sounds like a "different" gospel,a trick.This is, I believe, part of the manifold evil that comes from compromising the gospel message, and is very difficult to recover from,for you have the mentioned problem coupled with man's natural resistance to the gospel.Of course,only God can overcome it.

2008/9/3 18:34Profile
learn

Re:

Thanks davym for your concern.

Just a note--there's actually quite a few that have heard the real gospel and have followed Christianity correctly for many years with a true heart. Not all that fall away are those that have been misled and/or who heard the false gospel.

2008/9/4 7:46Profile
psalm1

Re:

I can guarantee you that a large percentage of those fallen soldiers fell through OFFENCES .
There is a john Revere book "the bait of satan".

I am not a John Bevere fan , but he makes an interesting point.

I firmly believe that most church memberships that are dropped and most shipwrecks come from hurt that was totally unintentional.

If we are to reach these lost sheep they must be restored through love.
They must then be toughened to take a hit.

Folks this is why revival is not important ,it is paramount.
I personally was restored back to fellowship through revival.

I will never forget it as long as I live.

David

2008/9/4 10:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy