Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Giving up Non Christian Music and Films

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Thats why I try as hard as I can to stay out of political debates on this forum!

LOL I find the internet especially frustrating, because you can't tar and feather people who really need it! :-P So it's best to not even bring it up.

MC

2008/9/4 11:24Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Too funny!

Krispy's direct manner reminds me so much of my wife's mannerisms. She is extremely blunt. Some people mistake this attribute as uncaring or an attempt to be rude. However, she is just being honest. When someone asks her abour her opinion, she gives it.

I always know where I stand around her! Whereas I often find myself carefully searching for the right words so as not to hurt or offend, my wife immediately tells the truth (as she sees it)...even when it hurts. I might not always agree with what she thinks, but at least I know, without a doubt, what she thinks! She is typically very quiet, but when asked, gives her opinion in a matter. It is often easy to confuse this as words spoken without love. However, I know that my wife is an extremely compassionate individual. She only speaks from a heart of compassion...even if it is things that others might now want to hear.

I've always appreciated the plain-spoken manner of people like Krispy (and my wife). We might not always agree, but I know that he speaks his heart with sincerity and integrity.

:-)

2008/9/4 13:31Profile

Re:

But you would probably rather kiss your wife than me... I assume! lol

Krispy

2008/9/4 13:43
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re:

I have a good friend who is the same way, honestly blunt.

I can think of a few times we have been invited to visit friend's churches and then been asked, "Well, what did you think?"

Dangerous question that is. And we are left to answer with sincerity and gentleness, but straight if there is anything out of line with the Spirit and truth.

Yes, indeed, good times, good times.

2008/9/4 15:47Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
But you would probably rather kiss your wife than me... I assume! lol

Krispy

Ewwwwww. Without a doubt! LOL!

Of course, the Bible does say to "greet all the brethren with an holy kiss" (I Thessalonians 5:26). However, I think that I will wait until we are all in our glorified bodies before I do that!

:-?

2008/9/4 16:48Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Giving up Non Christian Music and Films

I have ponder this and pray over this topic many years. In the Book Ezra, I am reminded of how the Peopl quickly turned away and married the women of the land. Maybe they look to be good wives? Maybe they followed there lust? God made so clear to not marry those of the land. When they did this they had children. When the repented they had to send their wives and children away. The sin, had grown, and was not easy to part with. It was life and way of life. But they sent them away making a vow with the Lord. They desire to obey and be holy. As it say in James Don't love the world or thngs in it.

Moives has become so part of our lives, we couldn't see the sin. It has grown and children have been born, it is now part of us, and it part of us in it. It would be only God to brake us from such sin, and idols that in our lives.

I would dear not say all moives, all time is sin. But I would draw to our hearts, our time, our money, and how are we growing from them? I think there is much more to this then you should or shouldn't. But we need to look at the way we are useing our time and money and how are preaching Christ how are loving others.

But there are many moived we love, that evil, in the fact they say sin is good. For non christan moives, for most we should run Flee from them.

I started reading William Law about the stage, This is a good book to read on this subject.

May we go frist to Christ and ask Him to show us our hearts, may we die to all our own desires and loves. May Love Christ and others, our time is so short, may go and preach Christ...

Charlene

2008/9/4 22:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy