SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ester is a questionable book!!! maynotBauthentic

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
DoulosQuinn

Re:

ADisciple, White_Stone, Krispy:

I love The WORD, I believe it is HOLY and TRUE and GOD has spoken to me through it. I do not pursue seeds of doubt...yet there was a day years ago after I was born again I started to take men's word about things of GOD which led me to doubt...I had to learn to test all things and hold fast to that which is good.

LORD thank you for showing this brother what I didn't see...I had forgotten that the Medes ruled from Babylon. At least this part is established.

RobertW:
I understand most of that is true, thanks for the insight. But these guys would bath before writing...obsessed with perfection...yes the added writings but I don't see them picking and choosing from time honored scriptures what to cut out.

graceamazed:
I have no doubt "Salvation I AM" YeshaYaH or Jesus, came from heaven to earth in the flesh never broke any law...even the Sabbath law so I could be cleansed from my sin by HIS blood, that HE was forsaken by the Father to bear my eternal punishment.

by the way fishermen-type or blessed and a blessing when they honor GOD and don't fear men...or are rebuked successfully when they slip up (Gal 2:11-14) I am grieved over those that blindly follow the blind pretending to submit to GOD. (the only authority is the WORD/Christ)

anonymity:
Yes, yet Jesus even attended the Feast of dedication (Hanukkah) which was established to honor the bloody rebellion of Maccabees (effort of the flesh) Still HE did not stamp any seal of approval...but maybe that is because HE knows our santification is not threatened by these pagan holiday's...(THIS IS what I was looking for in the thread,a little assurance that we have no need to fear)

rowdy2: I will listen to it

2009/2/1 3:12Profile
DoulosQuinn

Re:

waltern:

Etomolgy is a valuable tool, thanks for the info

Star in Babylon what the queen of heaven the "super vigin who birthed Tamuz"...B-lined from Baybalon even to Mohammad's demon inspired (what they latter called the "satanic verse of the Qu'ran" where the false prophet was tricked) acknowledging the diety of Al Uzzah & Al Lat the daughters of Allah (one is represented by the star above the moon)

I may just give up reading it,
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

I think I can receive that though the Law, The Prophets, the Gospels, & inspired letters apart from Ester.

2009/2/1 3:31Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
RobertW: I understand most of that is true, thanks for the insight. But these guys would bath before writing...obsessed with perfection...yes the added writings but I don't see them picking and choosing from time honored scriptures what to cut out.

My point is that the [u]Essenes[/u] was only one of four philosophies in Judaism in the first century. Understand also that only the Pharisees survived the first and second Jewish revolt. Some have tried to connect Christianity with the Essenes, but I would not agree at all. I also have theories as to why this is, primarily because the Essenes were a strict ascetic people, and certain brands of Christianity lean that way also confusing asceticism with holiness.

Several of the Disciples were actually part of or were very sympathetic towards the [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=1950]The Jewish Freedom Movement,[/url] more popularly come to be known as The Zealots. The Pharisees survived this turmoil and started Rabbinic Judaism at Yavneh (Yabney or Jamnia depending on whose discussing). The Pharisees considered Esther as canonical, placing the book in one of the three sections of the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) called the [i]Ketuvim[/i] or Writings (Hagiographa).

So in short the book of Esther is found in Both the Masoretic Text and the Septuagint. The Pharisees considered the Book of Esther canonical and Paul was a Pharisee. Remember that the Pharisees were essentially the evangelical Jews. The Essenes, by no means, spoke for the whole of Judaism any more than did the Sadducees.

Esther belongs in the Canon and has been in the Canon as long as many other Old Testament books. I would kindly suggest that you simply move to a different subject. there is no fruit or edification in this one. Primarily you run the risk of fighting against God.

2009/2/1 6:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy