SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : THE ANATOMY OF PREACHING

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
JoanM

Re:

If that question was to me, not on this site but years ago (maybe 15 even) at a conference in PA. Very strong and true to God's Word. Why? Do you have a suggestion/help for me?

Edit: Sorry, I have heard A Warning to America.

2008/8/30 17:03Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Hi Joan,

Your comment here reminded of of Keith Daniel's preaching.

Quote:
I am thinking that simple repetition of the Word of God is important (for sticking and saturation). Like the difference between quoting the Word in a message (as part 2 of an argument or proof of a point) and speaking it, publishing it, proclaiming it, if this makes sense.

He was at the Revival Conference 2007 in Canton, OH. Many people could not bear hearing the Word through him and walked out. Most of those remaining ended up at the front.

Here is the link to the video:

Compromising Christianity - Keith Daniel

2008/8/30 23:37Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
He was at the Revival Conference 2007 in Canton, OH. Many people could not bear hearing the Word through him and walked out.

Hello sisters. I wasn't there. Did this really happen? They walked out?

2008/8/31 13:19Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Yes, I was sitting near the back row so I had a view of almost the entire sanctuary.

Listening to his sermons on SermonIndex is one thing, but experiencing one is quite another. On one hand I thought my heart was going to break with sorrow and at the same time there was such an incredibly beautiful peace - I did not know a person could feel both of these things at the same time.

This came up in my devotions this morning:

Psalm 119:165
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

2008/8/31 14:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy