SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born Again Adam

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
whyme

Born Again Adam

Hopefully, no one will find this question silly or speculative only. My question is if Adam had not fallen, would he have to be born again to enter into heaven? I would ask consideration of this question in light of 1Cor15:45-50, John 3:5,6 and Genesis 3:22,23. I think the question and these verses create an interesting consideration of the superior position the redeemed have even over pre-fallen Adam and further the discussion about falling away from the eternal life we are given through the imperishable seed given those in Christ.

2008/8/21 10:42Profile
zenozac

Re: Born Again Adam

Interesting question, and one I have no scriptures I can think of which would address this. The only thing I see is that in genesis 2 and 3 Adam was seeing God face to face. They spoke directly to God, and God came down to walk with them in the garden in the cool of the day. That certainly sounds like a pretty cool place to be in! :-)

2008/8/21 14:49Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Quote:
My question is if Adam had not fallen, would he have to be born again to enter into heaven?

no. he was already "born from above" (which is what Jesus literally said...not "born again")

2008/8/21 18:24Profile
psalm1

Or how about this one: suppose Eve sinned but Adam decided NOT to take a bite?

2008/8/23 19:52Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Here's some food for thought on the matter...
What we today possess in Christ is more than Adam lost. Adam was only a developed man. He remained on that plane, and never possessed the life of God. But we who receive the Son of God not only receive the forgiveness of sins; we receive also the Divine life which was represented in the garden by the tree of life. By the new birth we receive something Adam never had; we possess what he missed…
We have spoken already of the purpose of God in creation and have said that it embraced far more than Adam ever came to enjoy. What was that purpose? God wanted to have a race of men whose members were gifted with a spirit whereby communion would be possible with Himself, who is Spirit. That race, possessing God’s own life, was to co-operate in securing His purposed end by defeating every possible uprising of the enemy and undoing his evil works. That was the great plan. How will it now be effected? The answer is again to be found in the death of the Lord Jesus. It is a mighty death. It is something positive and purposive, going far beyond the recovery of a lost position; for by it, not only are sin and the old man dealt with and their effects annulled, but something more, something infinitely greater is introduced…

-excerpted from [i]The Normal Christian Life[/i] by Watchman Nee

In Christ,

Ron

2008/8/23 21:50Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

I have to disagree with Nee. Adam was born from above, had the breath of God breathed into him, walked with Christ, and had access to the Tree of Life. That's all right there in the first 2 chapters of Genesis, so I'm not sure what Nee is getting at.

2008/8/23 22:22Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Adam...walked with Christ

Do you draw a distinction between Adam and Enoch in this respect?

2008/8/23 22:31Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Brother Paul, not sure what you mean.

2008/8/23 23:48Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Brother Paul, not sure what you mean.

Sorry, I am just trying to ascertain the distinction you've drawn between your idea of Adam and Nee's idea of Adam. You alluded that Nee's was unscriptural because it didn't line up with Genesis and then you proceeded to name certain qualities of Adam which distinguished him from Nee's.

One of then was "being born from above", which I don't really understand since Adam was formed from the dust below, as you are, and as I am too. As far as "walking with Christ", Enoch also walked with God to such a degree that he was translated. As far as having "access to the tree of life", this is not exactly accurate either because Adam was removed from the garden so that he wouldn't have access to the tree, and regarding the breath of God, the same breath that was in Adam's nostrils is in our own nostrils; I can't find anywhere in the Word where it is taught otherwise.

I guess I am trying to understand your distinctions in light of the full word of God and not just the first 2 chapters of Genesis. I personally see no contradiction with Nee's view.

Does my question about Enoch make more sense now?

Brother Paul

p.s. Nice blog! :)

2008/8/24 0:14Profile
HeartSong

Re:

This may be off subject, but I find it curious that God creates man in Genesis 1:27 - and then forms man in Genesis 2:7.

It almost sounds as if there are two different events . . .

2008/8/24 0:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy