SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Yogurt

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Yogurt

I am trying to eat healthier do any of you folks eat Yogurt? and if so could you please help me get started on the best ones for you. I have read were the ones with living yogurt cultures are good, I need to know just a good one I can get started on soon I need name brand. Money is not an issue
I just want to buy the best I can and the one thats best for me.
Thanks
Mr Bill

2008/8/19 23:22Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Yogurt

Brother, please. I think we need to get back on track with preserving the integrity of these forums. There are plenty of health and dietery forums on the internet where you can raise this question and get great information.

Again, I cannot stress this enough, and this is for everyone: please pause and [i]pray[/i] before submitting your posts. Judge the worthiness of what you are bringing into public disclosure, and try to remember the initial purpose of SermonIndex.

Thank you as you prayerfully consider these things.

Brother Paul

2008/8/19 23:46Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Great response Paul I am so sorry I inconvenienced you I was looking for an answer from a Christian prospective, you need to grow up.

2008/8/19 23:53Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
you need to grow up

Please read the forum guidelines.

Don't get upset, just please have consideration for what is allowed here and use good sense. If we allow this to go on, soon people will be making threads on cake receipes and which type of car gets the best gas mileage, and all kinds of other earthly stuff that will only frustrate the core purpose of SI's existance. We've seen it happen before (it escalates very quickly), and I would just rather address it before it all gets out of hand.

2008/8/20 0:03Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:
you need to grow up

Funny to hear this coming from you. Please read the forum rules.

So funny to hear that coming from me that is not as bad as you need to grow up? no you fired back in a hateful way IMO you could have been a tad more Christ like I personally believe. I was serious in my post and you just acted like I broke a golden rule, were much is given much is required you "could" have been a little nicer about it in your response, as I said I am sorry I inconvenienced the whole forum with my inquiry, I will make sure this never happens again you can bet.

2008/8/20 0:08Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Bill I thought it was funny, because I thought you saying it in the first place was immature. But I went ahead and deleted it; I dont want to play this game - plus I saw that it read rather harshly, and I don't want to offend you before others. I apologize. Remember, though - you posted first with the "you need to grow up" statement. If me posting back to you offended you and seemed hateful, can you imagine how I felt when I first read it from you?

Thanks for your consideration.

2008/8/20 0:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Apology accepted Paul, I just really wanted to get a Christian prospective on this, I know there are millions of food forums but I trust and appreciate the opinions of folks here, as I said I am sorry I did not know that in the "general area" something like this was breaking the rules, lets move on and I still Love you Brother no harm done, I will look for my info elsewhere.
Your Forgiven,
Mr. Bill

2008/8/20 0:17Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Brother, let me share a little thing with you (and everyone else reading this) from a moderator's perspective. In the past, we have observed patterns taking place here in the forum. By itself, your thread on yogurt is harmless; you're seeking info on changing your diet to be more healthy, ect. This is a good thing, but this is usually how the downward spiral starts in the forum, and when I say "downward", I mean down from heavenly things to the earthly things. Next thing we know, another thread pops up - this one on football (always with an abstract Christian perspective, of course). We entertain and discuss it. Soon we begin to see more and more politically-based topics creeping in, little by little, news items from Yahoo and Reuters and Google cut-and-pasted, helicopter crashes, abductions, senate hearings, the dollar versus the yen, the benfits of soy milk, etc. Suddenly it's very hard to extirpate all the earthly stuff without offending people and divisions are made. The "tare threads" (as I like to call them) come up literally overnight. I know this may seem as an extreme example, but it is true and has happened here before, multiple times. And it seems to starts with mundane, innocuous threads like these.

You'll just have to take my word on it, brother. I am only interjecting here for the purpose of preventative maintanance. You're an HVAC technician - you should know all about preventative maintanance :)

Love,

Brother Paul

2008/8/20 0:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy