SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Gal 3:29 ???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Azulfire

Washington state

Gal 3:29 ???

And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

What exactly is the promise given to Abraham?

2008/8/15 14:42Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: Gal 3:29 ???

The promise of Abraham is Christ Jesus.

If ye be Christ's
-- equals --
then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So if you want to understand this better simply consider all the riches of glory in Christ Jesus.

Acts 3

1. Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.
2. And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
3. Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
4. And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
5. And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
6. Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
7. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
8. And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
9. And all the people saw him walking and praising God:
10. And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.
11. And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering.
12. And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
13. The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
14. But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15. And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
16. And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
17. And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
18. But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21. Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22. For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Acts 4

1. And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,
2. Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

2008/8/15 15:44Profile
Logic

Quote:
Azulfire wrote:
And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

What exactly is the promise given to Abraham?

[b]Gal 3:16[/b] [color=990000]Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seed[b]s[/b], as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.[/color]

The term "seed[b]s[/b]"(plural) is more than one child of the same woman; Isaac & Ishmael, Jacob & Esau are seed[b]s[/b].
The promise is to come from the "seed" of Isaac, & Jacob, not [b]ALSO[/b] Ishmael, & not [b]ALSO[/b] Esau.

The "Seed" will lead on down to Christ in geneology, and all the people of HIS seed.

[b]Gal 3:18[/b] [color=990000]For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.[/color]
[b]Rom 4:13[/b] [color=990000]For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.[/color]

2008/8/15 15:55Profile
Azulfire

Washington state

Re:

Righteouness of Faith? is that the promise, we were told to read Gal 3 and duet 28. But am confused??? being praying both chapters all week.

2008/8/16 12:39Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

Azulfire wrote:
Righteouness of Faith? is that the promise.

Rom 4:13 For [b]the promise, that he should be the heir of the world[/b], was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Gen 12:3, Gen 17:4-5, Gen 17:16, Gen 22:17-18.

2008/8/16 13:17Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Reply to Azulfire

There is not a short answer that I can think of and a lot of time if we respond narratively on SI we have to go through cross examination on the whole subject.

Christ came and our sins could be imputed to Him that was with out sin and be put to death on the cross as our sin debt of death could be paid that we could be in Him and not Adam.

Christ’s righteousness [faith] is imputed to all that believe Christ came and died that mankind could be reconciled to Our Creator by His Son worthiness to die and defeat sin and death in all that lay hands on that promise by faith [imputed righteousness].

We now walk worthy by considering our selves dead to our old man and children of faith and alive and reconciled to our Father through faith in His promise that He made to Abraham concerning The Seed.

We as Christians are looking back in faith at the full filled promise as the Hebrews looked by faith forward to their fulfillment. The Hebrews were dead in Christ until His coming, captives until Heaven and hell were opened and the prisoners set free. As Christians we live in hope that when we die we will not be held captive. The one Who had the keys has came and Heaven is open and we will be with our Lord and Savior that very moment and we are blessed because want have to be judged again and die the second death.

Dead in Christ the key to the Kingdom of God! Praise be to God and His Seed forever.

Eddie

2008/8/19 8:57Profile
Almond

Re:

Reply to Azulfire

"That he would be the father of many Nation (s)".

2008/8/19 12:20Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Genesis 22:13-18 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen. And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The Seed spoken of by God's promise to Abraham is Jesus Christ. They would not hear these words.

John 8:33-37 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

That is why Paul spoke "one word" to them, this one word is Christ, they as a nation would not receive it from Paul either, they were divided, and not as a whole of God's people Israel would they receive His words and that is when the Gospel was sent to the Gentiles. The Gospel of Paul, which he calls "my gospel".

Acts 28:23-28 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not. And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

What is that Gospel? It is the Incorruptable Seed of Christ birthed in the believer. Which Paul speaks in all his epistles, "IN CHRIST" over 200 times.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

What is the mystery?

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

The Mystery is Christ in the believer, not just spoken words or as a puff of smoke or mystically, but by the same spiritual Seed that was in Mary that brought forth Jesus Christ the Man, of whom we know Him no more,

2 Corinthians 5:16-17 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

AS Christ was the only creature born of God that could take away the sins of the world by His death on the Cross and be resurrected unto life with the Father, that is what He has done in us. He has returned in the lives and spirits of those that the Father gives Him. He has returned, He said, "I will not leave you comfortless".
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Has He come? Are we like Him, not the only begotten Son of God, but in the likeness of Him we also are son's of God.
1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world.

This is the promise to Abraham. The Seed, Jesus Christ in the believer that God has revealed Him to as with Peter, Paul, etc.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/8/23 14:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy