SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : You Need the Baptism of the Holy Spirit -Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

You Need the Baptism of the Holy Spirit -Wilkerson

A fiery audio sermon by preacher David Wilkerson:

[b]You Need the Baptism of the Holy Spirit[/b]

Go to page: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=15234&commentView=itemComments

There's not much preaching on this subject nowadays, even among "Spirit-filled" groups. There's a whole lot of counterfeits, a whole lot of talk of "the anointing", but very little solid scriptural exposition on the baptism of the Spirit. I know everyone won't agree with this, but give it a listen, look up the Scriptures, and pray for God's truth.

So many believers are missing out on the greatest blessing of the Christian walk -recieving and walking in the fulness of the Spirit- simply through ignorance, slothfulness, complacency, or a number of other things. Many simply believe that what they are walking in is the fulness of what God has for them. But there's always a deeper place, always a need to drink deeper from the wells of salvation. If you haven't been baptized in the Holy Spirit, then don't let the Devil rob you of your birthright inheritance in the Kingdom of God, and pray for it until you receive the promised power from on high! This is not just for preachers -everyone in the Church needs the fulness of the Holy Spirit. In the early church even those who waited on tables needed to be men "full of the Holy Ghost". May God pour out His Spirit in these last days and may people prophesy, dream dreams, see visions, speak in tongues, heal the sick, cast out demons, and trample down the powers of darkness in this time of the end!

[i]Psalm 103: Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me; bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and FORGET NOT ALL HIS BENEFITS.[/i]

Listen to this message, and may the Lord bless you with the full benefits of His wonderful great salvation.

2008/8/15 13:18
RevBenjamin

Re: You Need the Baptism of the Holy Spirit -Wilkerson

Romans 8: 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Josef, I believe scripture here tells us what we need to know.

No Spirit, no Christ in You!

To say many Christians are walking around without the Blessing is hog wash. The Issue is; Are many who say they are saved, walking around without Christ?

There are no scriptures that say The Baptism of the Holy Spirit .

Our Baptism is that Baptism into His death and resurrection life. His resurrection Life is the Spirit of the Life of Christ who set us free from the law of sin and death.

The real issue......have you been set free from the Law of sin and death?

Blessings,

R.G. Benjamin

2008/8/15 13:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
RevBenjamin said: There are no scriptures that say The Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

[i]Luk 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall [b]baptize you with the Holy Ghost[/b] and with fire.[/i]

The Apostles were already justified and "clean" (John 15:3), "sanctified" (John 17:19), and "received the Holy Spirit (John 20:22). Yet, they were told to tarry in prayer (Luke 24:49) until they received the "promise of the Spirit" (Acts 2:33) and "power from on high" (Acts 1:8). They had the Holy Spirit already, for no man can be clean, sanctified, saved, and breathed upon by the Lord Jesus and NOT have the Spirit. Yet, it was a new measure of the Spirit they received at Pentecost. We too, need the Pentecostal blessing.

[i]Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)[/i]

The Holy Ghost was not yet given? I though ALL the Old Testament saints had the Holy Spirit?! Ah, they did! But, they didn't have the BAPTISM of the Holy Spirit, which was not yet given until Jesus was glorified.

The Scriptures are clear my friend.

There was great revival in Samaria when the Evangelist Philip preached there. Many sick were healed and many demon-possesed were delivered. Many came to salvation in the Lord Jesus and were baptized by Philip into Christ. But, they didn't have the baptism of the Spirit yet, which is why Peter and John were sent down to them and imparted the baptism of the Spirit to them by the laying on of hands. (see Acts 8)

Today there are many in the same category, that have been saved and baptized into Christ, yet have not received that blessing that came down at Pentecost.

2008/8/16 3:12
rickwebb

Michigan

Re:

There absolutely is a reference to a baptism with the Holy Spirit...Luke 3:16 is a stunning reminder of our need to be totally immersed in a Holy Spirit Baptism. Whether you wish to use the word “baptism” or “filling” for me is not so important. One thing is crystal clear in the scriptures is that we need to be continually “Filled” with the Holy Spirit. While I receive the Holy Spirit at conversion, He has yet not received all of me. Those that were filled with the Holy Spirit in Acts 2 are gathered again in Acts 4 for a prayer meeting and “the placed were they were assembled was shaken and they were all filled with Holy Spirit” again. One thing is for sure…we need to be continually filled with the Holy Spirit.

Rick Webb
Michigan

2008/8/16 10:23Profile
kathleen1

Re:

I felt such a stirring inside as I read these posts. I don't want to start a debate about this, but I must say this: to tell someone Scripture doesn't teach that believers must experience a subsequent work of the Holy Spirit after their initial salvation is to lie to them and with hold from them the full counsel of God. Jesus said I will send you a Comforter, and He shall be with you and in you. He went on to describe all the work this precious Holy Spirit would do for and in us.The baptism of the Holy Ghost is a separate work from being born again. A baby doesn't grow up overnight, and neither does a Christian.

In 7 years of church attendance, I have never seen anyone get the baptism. To say there are many Christians walking around with out this blessing is not hogwash. It's sad, but true. I see it in the churches in my area. It's rampant. Why else is the church of this time so desperately ineffective? Why else are the services so routine, so predictable? Too much self in the pulpit and not enough Spirit. The baptism of the Holy Ghost, when you dig into the Greek on this means to be completely washed, (of carnality) immersed in the Spirit of God, that includes your mind, your passions, your desires, your thoughts, your ways, your mouth, everything you are. I'm not saying there won't be a struggle to resist temptation, but there will be a major change. Before this, Peter was timid, afraid to speak out, even denied the Lord. After this, he was bold as a lion and cared not that it might cost him his head to preach the Gospel. No longer was he hiding in fear but standing in the temple, preaching, even able to rejoice after having been beaten. This requires more power than we have at conversion, until we receive the fullness of the Spirit. The disciples were saved. They were able to work miracles, they were given power over the spirits, and able to heal, in His name. But they could not be witnesses without this power and that is why Jesus commanded them to wait in Jerusalem until they were. He said don't leave until you are endued with power from on high and THEN you will be my witnesses. That is the pattern for effective witnessing. Tarry in His presence until He fills you. THEN go forth as one sent in the Spirit not in self. Then there will be results.

The consuming fire of God burns up the chaff. The Holy Ghost came on Jesus as a dove-but on the 120 as tongues of fire. He had nothing to burn up in Christ, but the others needed the chaff burnt up. This is necessary, I know.

In Eph 5:18 He says "Be filled with the Spirit" When you dig into the Greek, this means a continual and regular filling. The Bible also says no man can (truthfully) say Jesus is Lord but by the Spirit. (1 Cor 12:3)No man can let (fully yield himself and all he is) for Jesus to be Lord of his life without the power of the Holy Spirit.

It takes the power of the Holy Spirit to come on and fill us within to make us the witnesses "Martus" in the Greek, (Acts 1:8) to empower us to lay our self life down, and let Jesus be Lord of all of us. Remember, a witness is not someone who hands out Gospel tracts and talks about Jesus. It is someone who has firsthand, intimate knowledge of Him. One who is full of His life. Then they are an accurate representative of Him as He was of the Father.

We are born in self, raised in self, live in self and taught to improve and pacify self through out our lives so much that it is impossible to overcome self without the power of the Holy Ghost.

This is something I thought optional and beyond my reach until God began to stir me to dig deeper in His Word. You can't fully live the life of Christ unless you die to self and what self wants, for no man can serve 2 masters. We can't serve ourselves and Christ, too. (To live is Christ, to die is gain.) This I know for I have tried, striven, and struggled with this and praise God for troubling me that there is so much more than what I see. There's power of the Holy Spirit to heal, to raise the dead, to deaden us to this world and self, because He will show us the Christ who died for us and when we see Him (understand, as John did on Patmos, as Ezekiel, and Isaiah, and Daniel, and Job all had their own personal revelations of Him,) and they fell at His feet as dead men. He had to touch them, and strengthen them by His Spirit to raise them back up on their feet to even be able to hear what He had to say.

When we get this apocalyptic, personal understanding of who He is, then we will understand if we do anything or ever are anything for God it has to be Him in us doing the work for in ourselves there is nothing He can use to further His kingdom.

May I humbly request that you read "The Spirit of Christ" by Andrew Murray? I'm sure it will be a blessing. Also, "The Deeper Christian Life" by Andrew Murray. BH Clendennen did a wonderful series on the Holy Spirit in his School of Christ, and it is eye-opening, too.

I have not had the Baptism of the Holy Ghost yet, but this one thing I KNOW: He promised it, and if I seek Him for understanding of how to prepare the vessel and strength of God to empty the vessel of hindrances,-become willing to put Him first not self, He will gladly and eagerly fill me. Just because I have never seen this happen doesn't mean He isn't doing it elsewhere. I know He is, and it takes more of the Spirit to resist temptation and overcome the world, the flesh and the devil than you get at conversion. You can't overcome in this world without an ever increasing revelation and measure of His Spirit. I believe a new Christian who dies will go to heaven. But a new Christian can't survive in this world without the Holy Spirit if he has to live in it for long.

It's a growing process-the more of myself I give to God, the more of Himself He gives to me. When I'm willing to give everything (Lord make me willing to be willing) He will give me everything. Why did the early church have such a powerful move of the Spirit? With no microphones, computers, advertisements, or technology? Because self was put out of the way and God alone got the glory. They were willing to give all and so He gave them in like manner of His Spirit-without measure. It takes the power of the Holy Spirit working in you to help us understand we have been set free and sin and self is not to have dominion over us. Amen? Amen!!

[url=http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/2/727206/My%20Documents/Do%20Not%20Delete/clendennenschoolofchrist.zip]School of Christ-BH Clendennen[/url]

[url=http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/2/727206/My%20Documents/Do%20Not%20Delete/The%20Spirit%20of%20Christ.pdf]The Spirit of Christ-Andrew Murray[/url]

[url=http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/2/727206/My%20Documents/Do%20Not%20Delete/The%20Deeper%20Christian%20Life%20by%20Andrew%20Murray.pdf]The Deeper Christian Life-Andrew Murray[/url]

2008/8/28 9:08Profile
nacl

Babylon

Re:

Although the Bible is certainly sufficient to let us know that there is a work of the Spirit of God for which He "will yet... be enquired of" ([u]Ezekiel 36:37[/u]),here are a couple of resources you may enjoy.

Holiness Classic Library http://wesley.nnu.edu/wesleyctr/

Under each letter, you will find [i]How They Entered Canaan (Testimonies to Entire Sanctification)[/i], stories of how individuals experienced the filling of the Holy Ghost.

http://www.enterhisrest.org

Lots of interesting material.

2008/8/30 16:16Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re:

Another sermon on this subject by Tozer:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=62007205514

If anyone could transcript this message for me I'll translate it into my language and it will bless many other people.
I don't understand the message very well but I would love to be able to read all he says. Please PM me if someone would like to take some time and work on this.

2008/9/21 9:00Profile
learn

Re:

No definite views on this but read the below from John MacArthur.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/sg1859.htm

John Wesley taught that you were saved first and then later on there was a second work of grace subsequent to salvation. I think this might have been a holdover from the environment that he was in. John Wesley's biographers say that he died never having attained that second work.

2008/9/24 11:53Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re:

Quote:

learn wrote:
No definite views on this but read the below from John MacArthur.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/sg1859.htm

John Wesley taught that you were saved first and then later on there was a second work of grace subsequent to salvation. I think this might have been a holdover from the environment that he was in. John Wesley's biographers say that he died never having attained that second work.

An article worth to be studied.
I was surprised to see Watchman Nee among the proponents of the baptism with the Holy Spirit.

Does anybody know which is the book where he speaks about it?

2008/10/5 12:20Profile
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re: You Need the Baptism of the Holy Spirit -Wilkerson

Go to William Seymor Under text sermons, there are fourteen news letters, from 1906 on, about the outpouring at the Asusu street mission.
they have blest me.

Love in CHRIST tom

2008/10/5 12:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy