SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Allies for Armageddon: The Rise of Christian Zionism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Allies for Armageddon: The Rise of Christian Zionism

Guided by a literal reading of the prophetic sections of the Bible, Christian Zionists are convinced that the world is hurtling toward a final Battle of Armageddon. They believe that war in the Middle East is God’s will for the region. In this timely book, Victoria Clark first explores the 400-year history of this powerful political ideology, laying to rest the idea that Christian Zionism is a passing craze or the province of a lunatic fringe. Then Clark surveys the contemporary Christian Zionist scene in Israel and in the United States, where the influence of the religious fundamentalists has never been greater.

Clark engages with Christian Zionism directly, interviewing leaders, attending events, and traveling with Christian Zionists in the Holy Land. She also investigates the Christian Zionist presence in Israel. She finds that the view through the Christian Zionist lens is dangerously simple: President Bush’s War on Terror is a mythic battle between good and evil, and Syria and Iran represent the powers of darkness. Such views are far from rare—an estimated fifteen to twenty million Americans share them. Almost one in three Americans believes Israel was given to the Jews by God as a prelude to the Battle of Armageddon and Jesus’ Second Coming. Clark concludes with an assessment of Christian Zionists’ impact on American foreign policy in the Middle East and on America’s relationships with European allies since the attacks of 9/11.

https://www.amazon.com/Allies-Armageddon-Rise-Christian-Zionism/dp/0300116985/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1399292495&sr=8-8&keywords=christian+zionism

2008/8/10 14:44Profile

Re: Radical Reformation vs. Magisterial Reformation

A straw man maybe.

Michael

2008/8/10 15:24
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I personally choose and feel in my heart to stand in the lineage of the radical reformation/anabaptist tradition. Frankly, the magisterial reformers were not reformed enough.

2008/8/11 7:01Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

KingJimmy wrote:
I personally choose and feel in my heart to stand in the lineage of the radical reformation/anabaptist tradition. Frankly, the magisterial reformers were not reformed enough.

I feel and choose same as you Jimmy, one can not read the history and testimony of the anabaptists and in comparison to the reformers, se that they stopped half way, they saw the giants but hold back from entering in and settled for the "out of egypt" trip, yet they did not come all the way.

2008/8/11 10:55Profile
passerby

Re:

And during that period were the faithful Christians who were neither part of these two groups. They and their forerunners have maintained their faith despite the persecution from the Greeks,the Jews, and those we may call 'great visible churches'

Their succession were based on the principles as laid by our Lord Jesus Christ and His Apostles rather than by affinity to an organization.

...And that Christ's church cannot be created, organized nor ruled by men, though men can join his church by the grace of God through faith in Jesus our Lord.

2008/8/14 5:17Profile
eternalvalue

Boaz, Al

Re: Radical Reformation vs. Magisterial Reformation

It seems to me that this was not a radical reformation but a radical rebellion against God's authority. The reason there are 1,000's of denominations is that division produces division.

God said a seed produces after its kind(Genesis)

2008/8/14 8:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy