SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jesus Only?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: Jesus only doctrine..why the crusade?

I never saw the hub-bub about why people got so touchy when confronted with a different view than "ONENESS", or Jesus only, until I discovered that many people who believe so, also believe that trinitarianism, [The Father, The Son, the Lord Jesus, and the Holy Spirit being one God] is from the Devil. I heard William Branham preach [you tube video] these very words.

I always knew they believed such a way, but I did not understand the "why" as to the opposition to the trinitarian view. Oneness brethren are taught, many instances each and every Sunday, that this is so. "Jesus only!" and the trailer, "Speak in tongues! This is the only true way."....I can receive one who believes in such a way, as long as they are born again. The problem that arises though,is because they cannot fellowship me. In a sense, I have become the enemy, and deceived, because of my Faith in a singular but tri-fold God.

To the Oneness folks, I have received the Spirit of AntiChrist, and watch out!...If you're deceived by this subtle and crafty spirit, you will surely go to Hell. It is of Satan.

So, the leaders in this movement continue to beat this drum, and inundate almost every meeting with these standards, and ultimately a "SIEGE MENTALITY" is formed. The wagons have circled, the children are tied down in the center, and those mean Commanche defeated!

Often, people are excommunicated when they leave these churches, as having gone to Satan's camp. I personally know of this happening. It is control for life..It is very sad.

"Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a VOICE spoke out from the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, Listen to Him!"

Jesus was right there among them. They.[Peter and John] heard, and after the resurrection they spoke of it.[Mark 9 vs.7]

What Being would call Jesus His Son? Was ventriloquism applied?............. "Father, who art in Heaven....." Give us ...and forgive us....for Yours is the Glory and Power, forever."
???what Father did our Lord Speak of?

John 3:16...."He gave His Son..." There are hundreds, in and out of the testaments.. but, there seems to be a blindness. They also may believe that the Catholics had a hand in it all, and lied to everyone at Nice; so your deceived by not only Satan, but worse!...The Pope!

Dogma hates all who reason with it. It is it's nature. Only God can deliver. We must love, and show mercy as much as possible, without compromising the truth. Arguing the gears of it over and over is fruitless, until He shines light.

I was baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, "THE LORD JESUS!", and the Holy Spirit!
I also spoke in tongues more than they did. They did not know what to do with me. I love my oneness brothers.

2008/8/8 11:04
BlazedbyGod

Re:

I will try to make this short and plain as can be.

The formula for baptism-is "the NAME"-in every scripture in the Book of Acts pertaining to water baptism, the phrase " the name" is in every single verse. Now people can dispute over whatever they believe that name to be-but I think clearly it is a reference to Jesus Christ-the name above EVERY name.

Matt 28:19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them [b]in the name[/b] of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you [b]in the name[/b] of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8:16 16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized [b]in the name[/b] of the Lord Jesus.)

Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized [b]in the name[/b] of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized [b]in the name[/b] of the Lord Jesus.

To believe in/on Jesus, scripturally speaking, actually means to believe on/in the Name of Jesus.

John 3:18[color=FF3300]He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, [b]because he hath NOT believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God[/b][/color]

Matt 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

Scripture clearly teaching verbally SAYING "in the name of the Lord/Jesus"

Luke 19:38 SAYING, Blessed be the King that cometh [b]in the name of the Lord[/b]: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

Matt 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall SAY, Blessed is he that cometh [b]in the name of the Lord[/b].

Matt 21:9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, SAYING, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh [b]in the name of the Lord[/b]; Hosanna in the highest.

Mark 11:9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, SAYING, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh [b]in the name of the Lord[/b]

How do even false christ's come in his name?
Luke 21:8 [color=FF3300]And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: [b]for many shall come in my name[/b], SAYING, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. [/color]

John 16:26 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ASK the Father [b]in my name[/b], he will give it you

John 17:11 [color=FF0000]And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, [b]keep through thine own name[/b] those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are[/color]

And the very next verse:

John 17:12 [color=FF0000]While I was with them in the world, [b]I kept them in thy name[/b]: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. [/color]

Scripture is clear, the apostles were kept by the name of Jesus-even the same name, that is the name of the Father-that the Father gave to the Son to come to the earth in-to manifest/reveal who God was.

John 17:26 [color=FF0000]And I have declared unto them [b]thy name[/b], and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them[/color]

What name, other than the name of JESUS, did Christ declare unto them? He declared the name of Jesus among them, and unto them.

Matt 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for [b]my name's sake[/b]: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matt 24:29 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations [b]for my name's sake[/b]

Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for [b]my name's sake[/b].

Rev 2:3And hast borne, and hast patience, and for [b]my name's sake[/b] hast laboured, and hast not fainted

Matt 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child [b]in my name[/b] receiveth me.

As I stated at the beginning of this post-look up ALL the verse pertaining to someone being baptized throughout the book of Acts-and you will always see "...in the name"-again, you can debate about whose name you think this refers to, but it is inevitably clear, whose name it is.

"..the name.." not the nameS"

Every single thing that God the Father is, is revealed in/through, summned up-in the name & person of JESUS.

Mark 16:17 [color=FF0000]And these signs shall follow them that believe; [b]In my name shall they cast out devils[/b]; they shall speak with new tongues;[/color]

How did Paul "CAST out devils"
Acts 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and [b]SAID[/b] to the spirit, [b]I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her[/b]. And he came out the same hour.

Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do [b]in WORD or DEED, do ALL in the name of the Lord Jesus[/b], giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Whether it be words you speak, or deeds you do-"..do ALL in the name of the Lord Jesus.

All I have done, is exalt the lovely, Holy name of the Lord Jesus Christ-if any find fault with that, then so be it.

2008/8/8 11:37Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: Jesus Only?

Quote:

logan_trky wrote:
Hello! I have been raised Pentecostal. (Trinitarian) I believe in the Trinity 100%. The church I have always belonged to has always baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. However, I have never seen this in scripture. Everyone was always baptized in Jesus name. I guess I'm just torn here. Can I get some thoughts from both Trinitarian, and Unitarian believers PLEASE?

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." Matt. 28:19

2008/8/8 14:00Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
By using those two verses, I am merely stating that JESUS (as it is written in Matt 1:21) is the NAME of the Father, AND of the Son, AND of the Holy Ghost, because, as 1 John 5:7 states "....and these 3 ARE 1".

OK, I guess I do have on quick response on this.

If they equal one another then what does it matter?

If you believe that scriptures teach "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" equals "in the name of Jesus" then what does it matter which is used?

If 5/5 equals 1.00, then it doesn't matter which I use in mathematical formula; I will get the same answer, right?

2008/8/8 18:43Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:

If 5/5 equals 1.00, then it doesn't matter which I use in mathematical formula; I will get the same answer, right?

Very good my brother! What one needs to realize is that salvation is in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Name means character and also identifies the person.

There is no need to argue about the words being used as some magical formula but it is whom we are believing in and the one whom we are being baptized into.

The Holy Spirit works by our faith and obedience toward the Lord Jesus Christ. It is our faith in Jesus Christ and what baptism means and does for us. A person does not have to mention the name of Jesus every single time you do something. We are to be there in His name and in His stead.

The fullness of the Godhead dwells in Jesus Christ. It also dwells in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. We say in the name of Jesus most of the time and should. When we baptize someone upon their faith in the Lord Jesus and say in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit we are recognizing the fullness of the Godhead and the triune God.

I think one needs to examine their hearts if they think that the Father, Son, or Holy Ghost is not going to validate one's baptism when there faith is truly in the Lord Jesus, regardless of whether they say in the name of Jesus or in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Blessings to all!

2008/8/8 19:28Profile
thesaintdan

Southwest England, UK

Re:

Just as an addition to the arguement I would point out that at Jesus' baptism the Holy Spirit (as a dove) and the Father (who spoke for all to hear) both played an obvious part....so clearly God is a Triune God and Jesus never acted on His own iniative..but on the command of His Father..

if thats helpful?

2008/8/9 16:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy