SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for Jay

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HindsFeet

Please pray for Jay

Hi All,
Today a staff member at camp fell from a climbing tower and seriously broke his tibia and fibia (lower leg). He is a professing Christian--yet admittedly 'backslidden' and living according to his will--not the Lord's. Many of us at camp have been praying for him--and continue to do so.

I believe that God can use this situation to draw Jay close and bring him to repentance. Please pray to that end--that Jay would repent and give his life over to Jesus as his Lord.

Please also pray for a complete restoration and healing of his leg and his heart.

Thank you for your prayers.

Blessings,
shari

2008/8/5 23:46Profile
learn

Re: Please pray for Jay

Praying

2008/8/6 19:12Profile
HindsFeet

Update: Thanks for praying--Jay went through surgery and has no neurological or vascular damage. Praise our Lord! He will be in a cast for 3 - 6 months. (He fell from nearly 50 ft).

Please continue to lift him up as the Lord reminds...that he would give the Lord his whole heart....

Blessings,
shari

BTW: Many of you prayed for me a few months ago about this job and housing situation for me and my daughter. As I have been at camp, I see God's providence for us--and also there are 3 year round staff and 2 international summer staff that need Jesus. This is truly a ministry. God knew!
The only problem is limited internet connection :)

thanks to all--
shari

2008/8/7 10:04Profile
HindsFeet

Re: update

Update:

Jay is back at camp, in his little house. He is on bedrest for a month, and the threat of infection is foremost--because the wound is exposed. Still too swollen to put on a cast.

The best news is that it seems he is turning his heart back to the Lord--thank you Lord.

Please remember to pray for genuine repentance and the true work of God in His life.

Blessings and thanks to all who prayed...time is short, and the Lord desires all to be saved!

2008/8/9 10:09Profile
learn

Re:

Praying

2008/8/9 20:16Profile
growingholly

Re:

wow, wonderful that God would break this young man to get him to repent, rather than just letting him go. what a beautiful God we serve!

i pray he will be broken unto God, conformed to His image.

2008/8/18 23:42Profile
HindsFeet

Re: Update on Jay

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Thanks for your prayers....Jay has been going through a discipleship program with a Christian brother here at camp.

This week however, he visited the Doctor and had devestating news, he may never regain feeling in his foot or walk properly. (He sheared off 6 inched of bone and his ankle was rebuilt with a steel plate). He will be bed ridden for 6 months.

After this news, I noticed his non-christian friends visiting more often.

Please pray against discouragement for Jay, and that he would choose to trust God (who alone is trustworthy) above all and anyone else. Pray that we at camp would have wisdom as to how to minister and help him.

Thank you---
shari

2008/8/22 23:16Profile
learn

Praying. May he look to Jesus and Jesus alone especially when he feels discouraged on his Christian friends visiting him less than his non-Christian friends.

2008/8/31 3:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy