SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer needed in hard time...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
theopenlife

Prayer needed in hard time...

Over the years I have received many blessings from the brothers and sisters on this site. I owe much of my growth to the fellowship that I have here. Thank you.

For months I have been struggling with a number of sins. Periods of victory followed by terrible failures. At this point, seeing that I am making little progress alone, I am requesting your prayers for me. Please ask God to overwhelm me with a vision of love for Him that is more desirable than immediate temptations.

I am certain that nothing is coming against me which is uncommon, and that the Lord has made a way of escape each time. The trouble is that, in the moment, I am not always willing to take it. Victory one day will be defeat another. May your prayers lift my arms, like Moses' were lifted to win the battle.

Thanks.

2008/8/5 4:34Profile
JoanM

Re: Prayer needed in hard time...

praying Brother

eyes and ears on [b][color=FF0000]H[/color][/b]im

2008/8/5 5:17Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

I will pray, please know, we all must go through times of temptations as well as the recognizing of our own weaknesses. If each one of us were so strong that we never stumbled we would become prideful in our own flesh.

[i]Blessed is that man that endures temptation[/i]

Each human [b]must[/b]see their own weaknesses, we must see that without moment by moment grace we will be overwhelmed. Christ had to die a horrible death to deal with the bondage of our flesh- but He also rose to glorious victory over death and HE is ABLE to keep us from stumbling.
(But we must see the schemes of the enemy.)

Praying that God would open to you a revelation of Christ in such a way that it would be your anchor.

In Christ
A sister

2008/8/5 7:36Profile

Re:

Praying for you.

"... As he has beams of majesty, so he has a heart of mercy and compassion. He is the prince of peace (Isa. 9:6). Why was he tempted, but that he might `succor them that are tempted' (Heb. 2:18)? What mercy may we not expect from so gracious a Mediator (1 Tim. 2:5) who took our nature upon him that he might be gracious? He is a physician good at all diseases, especially at the binding up of a broken heart. He died that he might heal our souls with a plaster of his own blood, and by that death save us, which we were the procurers of ourselves, by our own sins. And has he not the same heart in heaven?..."

~Richard Sibbes

http://www.monergism.com/bruisedreed.html#2

2008/8/5 7:58

Re:

I am praying for you brother. I just wanted to encourage you to pour your heart out to the Lord and He will meet you right there. He is so faithful, compassionate and full of mercy.

Psalm 34:17-19

17The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

18The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

19Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Psalm 30:5 ...weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning.

2008/8/5 8:55
ccchhhrrriiisss

Praying.

2008/8/5 11:04Profile
learn

Praying

2008/8/7 2:19Profile
JoanM

Re: Prayer needed in hard time

[u]Checking back[/u] This time I notice brother that you said “The trouble is that, in the moment …, I know how discouraging it is to recognize that God actually has provided a way of escape and you don’t take it. Flesh can really narrow vision. Could it help to not view the event as [u]in the moment[/u]? It isn’t you know. God’s provision is in eternity and He broke through to you (real on earth as it is in heaven). Oh, openlife. Praying you lay hold of that specific touch of eternal life. It helps me to find the LIE. And apply the TRUTH of life.

I’m looking for a lie I have believed my self, to exchange it for Christ. (It should not be possible to write so simply about such a shattering thing.) Seems like quite of few on SI are experiencing a press. I am thinking it may be early evidence of answered prayer (revival).

God recently corrected my perspective on something that few would have said was rebellion. God said it WAS. His view: a horror. It’s not “just” like witchcraft. Just a glimps of it .... Praying God show you what it really looks like, the whole Truth of it.

2008/8/7 2:55Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Thanks to everyone who has given me their prayers and valuable, edifying words of wisdom and encouragement.

I find that I have to preach to myself the same words I so often say to others: the chief purpose of my existence is not to demonstrate how devoted and loving I am to God. The chief purpose of my existence is to be a demonstration of the devotion and love of God towards me. All of Christian obedience is summed up in love, and there can be no true love which does not issue out of gratitude. If we cease to be grateful, we will cease to love, and to cease from love is to sin. The secret of sanctification lies much in giving thanks for everything.

Romans 9:23-24, God willed to "make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles."

Titus 3:4-8
4But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

2008/8/7 3:28Profile
learn

Re:

2008/8/7 4:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy