SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : translating large numbers of books to other languages.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
madmatg

asia

translating large numbers of books to other languages.

Hello SI'ers i havent posted in a while but i am constantly around checking everything out.

I'm not sure how many of you know about this program. But there is a program called world community grid, in which a program is downloaded to an individuals computer which utilizes the idle time of their processor, wether at screen saver or just maybe in between movement while the reader is reading a web page. It uses this processor time to do whatever the program is designed for(in the case of world community grid, cancer research, aids research, and genome mapping). The statistics that are here [url=http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewGlobal.do]WGC stats[/url] are mind boggling. 176,000+ years of processor time have been used to advance these medical processes. Why can't we use this for a more straightforward line of advancing the gospel?

Can anyone think of ways to use a program like this? Please post your thoughts below if you're interested.

What i would like to know is if there is anyone out there who could help me(as im a very junior IT guy and dont know but a little teeny bit of programming) make an opensource version of this program that can be used for more over christian purposes.

I have been thinking about a program to translate christian books into other languages. There just seems to be ALOT of processor power sitting around while the computer idles and i think this could be a very effective way to give the works of the great spiritual men of the past to places like china and laos where churches spring up at an intense rate.

I realize using a computer to translate things is not an easy thing as the online translators normally make a mess of things but I think something could really be done with all the processing power our comps have.

2008/8/1 22:29Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: translating large numbers of books to other languages.

this is great, sovergin grace Church is working on something like this. I am not sure what the website is I will try to find,
charlene

2008/8/2 0:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy