SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Churches in Albuquerque?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dantejones

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Churches in Albuquerque?

Ben Ordaz here. After graduating from Indiana U this Spring, I have moved to Albuquerque, NM, to teach high school and continue my studies at the University here. I'm wondering if anyone here knows any good, sound churches out here that I could check out and seek membership - there aren't as many as Indiana!

Ben

2008/7/30 21:01Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: Churches in Albuquerque?

Hi Ben,

I did some brief search online. You may want to consider visiting Albuquerque Sovereign Grace Baptist Church.

Their website is: http://www.albuquerquesovereigngrace.org/

On their devotionals section, they have C.H. Spurgeon, Martyn Lloyd-Jones, and John MacArthur. Those are some pretty faithful Bible teachers.

They subscribe to the 1689 London Baptist Confession as a summation of their doctrine.

However, I have never talked with anyone from this church, so I can't vouch for it from first hand experience.

2008/7/30 21:42Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
They subscribe to the 1689 London Baptist Confession as a summation of their doctrine.

The 1689 is a great Confession, topped only (in my opinion) by the 1646 London Confession. Any church you can find nowadays that is blessed (and bold) enough to adhere to and preach these as their confessions of faith should be a very strong and solid assembly indeed.

Good searching, Taylor. :)

Bro. Paul

2008/7/30 21:53Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Brother Paul,

The 1644 Confession is indeed very special. I compiled a booklet including the 1644 Baptist Confession with section headings, William Gadsby's Catechism (it shares the same doctrine with the 1644 Confession), the Cambridge Declaration, A Confession for Uniting Church and Family, and the 1655 Midland Baptist Confession.

You can download it here: http://www.arkansasreformed.com/HealthyTeaching.pdf

2008/7/30 22:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy