Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Another great SI resource

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Another great SI resource

This reminded me of the followers on the road to Emmaus

What a Blessing!! (2 Part Audio Book)
How Christ Came to Church Part 1 (54mins) & Part 2 (42mins)
A.J. Gordon

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=356]LINK HERE[/url]

How Christ Came to Church is an enlivening spiritual autobiography that grew out of a beleaguered pastor's startling dream. “I was in the pulpit before a full congregation, just ready to begin my sermon, when a stranger entered and passed slowly up the aisle as though silently asking with his eyes that someone would give him a seat. Half-way up the aisle a gentleman stepped out and offered him a place in his pew, which was quietly accepted. As I began my sermon my attention became riveted on this hearer. To myself I said constantly, ‘Who can that stranger be?' After the service ended, the visitor had left before I could reach him. The gentleman with whom he had sat remained behind however. I asked him, ‘Can you tell me who that stranger was who sat in your pew this morning?' In the most matter-of-course way he replied: ‘Why, do you not know that man? It was Jesus of Nazareth.' ” The dream was the seminal event out of which blossomed a complete change in Gordon's approach to ministry and a vivid transformation in his parishioners.

2008/7/29 15:51Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Another great SI resource

Brother, this is without a doubt highly recommended, have listened to it numerous times and now that you bring it back up .. will have to do so again.

Thanks raven

2008/7/29 16:00Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Yes, It would be good to keep these messages in close proximity; I will be burning to disc for my work commute.

One of the best audio books that I have heard.
Many books set to audio, just don't work. They need to be slowly read & meditated upon. But this message flows nicely

2008/7/29 16:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy