Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Nor Did They Know How to Blush

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
mamaluk

Re:

Dear Ernestito,

I'm glad you spoke out against the so-called churches, the apostle Paul warned us of such:

2 Corinthians 11:13
For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:26
...., in perils among false brethren;
1 Timothy 6:5
..... men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself
2 Timothy 3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Turning away, perhaps the only way..

sadly,mml

2006/6/19 19:48Profile
Enroute

Re:

I am new to these parts, therefore I am coming in 2 years late on the original discussion. However, despite the few that were honest (?) enough to pick apart repenter's report, this heartfelt article is representative of observations many of THE CHURCH...THE BRIDE...THE CALLED...the ones who the Sovereign Lord has given spiritual discernment, have taken notice of. This revelation is available to those who have sold out completely to the discipleship priciples the Word expressed while living in the flesh.

I am with repenter and all the others bros. and sis' who are experiencing revival and are waiting upon the Lord to release us for His mission and not that of our own devisiveness and design.

I am currently in a denomination that has gone from one extreme to another without going all the way! HOW SAD AND TRAGIC. The Pentecostal experience is Biblical only when measured with the Word and the Word alone. We, and I use that term as a corporate designation, have missed it more often than gotten it right because we could not distinguish between sin and opinion, KJV and NIV, the admonition of God and current culture and relativism, for starters.

I am in an older congregation that depended/depends upon historical traditions that EVOLVED from legalistic principles designed to mask/impersonate true separation from the world and it's govening principles. These churchy principles include(d):
*styles of dress
*permissable outer adornment
*permissable secular vocations
*permissable forms of entertainment; ie. not going to movie theaters but rather staying home and watching all manner of junk on TV!
*demanding church attendance and/or service at the expense of God's first institution-THE FAMILY-and "praying" openly and aloud for those who were not there
*calling social gatherings-"MINISTRY"; giving food and candy to attendees of these gatherings who had food and candy galore at home, and letting the undesirables fend for themselves-Lord, bless my 4 and no more.
*telling new converts they don't know what they are talking about when some of these traditional practices are brought into question (These are the same people who would talk about all Catholics hell-bound destination!)
*denouncing cell groups and personal growth because it is unfamiliar (WILD fire) and perceived as a possible church-splitter
*coveting people and their gifts because attendance is so low, instead of releasing them for ministry.
Singing songs written 100 years ago..denying the creativity of the Holy Spirit and His ability to move upon anyone else who does not conform to their rigid pattern.

The list is endless!

BUT GOD...is unsearchable, indescribable, and awesome and His Word is true...the gates of hell will NOT be a barrier to the bride from uniting with the groom. Wickedness in "HIGH" places cannot convince those who have been sought and bought by the blood of Christ. Jesus established HIS church and we are victorious through HIM and HIM alone. In Christ alone are we able to cut through the theological arguments which are contradictory and invite scrutinty from within the church arena and the world of intellectualism, semantics and science. I love the Word of God. The Word is manna to my spirit which is malnourished and dying without it! 2TIMOTH 3:16 is eternal and irrefutable. Jesus staked the claim and promise of the Word when He said man MUST live by EVERY WORD of God in order to live fully. Our prideful assumptions to privately interpret/misinterpret the HOLY Word can ONLY be corrected BY THE WORD and a right RELATIONSHIP with the person Jesus Christ.

Thank you for allowing me the privilege and forum of expressing what God is doing in me. His work is not finished. I received the Word of the Lord in Mark 16:20 several years ago and I continue to grow in it. PRAISE AND HONOR TO THE ONE WHO IS WORTHY!

[b]COMPLETELY[/b]

2006/6/27 22:44Profile
adamdawkins

Re: Nor Did They Know How to Blush

I know this is old, but, regarding the original article:

Amen.

2006/11/29 14:07Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I thought I would bring this post back up to the top.

2007/3/5 10:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy