SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Todd Bentley

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brothertom,

You said,

"There is no peace in this carnival."

"Why? A standard lifted up, in Jesus's name"

Is this following how you speak in a holy a reverent way in God's name?...

"...trying to expunge Abraham's advice...what's up with that?] lol...."

Is this that funny, really?

"...[Emma got too hot to handle!]..."

Is God speaking here brothertom, or you?

"This is a rare thing, because much reproach, and vicious attack follows those who hoist that flag up..."

You make this statement after the attacks you just made in another thread against a poster there?

2008/7/27 13:46Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Chris, we have asked you to stop this. I am very dismayed to log on and find yet another new post aimed at Brothertom...and at the top of the forum. This really needs to stop.

PM me if you'd like to talk about this. Please, brother, I know you are wiser and more mature than this. Set the example.

Brother Paul

2008/7/27 14:12Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brother Paul,

I am asking you and the other moderators to state publicly here whether the behavoir that I have called into question is godly and upholding the integrity of these forums:

"We are living testaments to the Truth, not supposed to be, but in truth and spirit, we are the outworking of Him. "I am the way, the truth and the light." Our very words carry the weight and responsibility of either our authenticity or our duplicity.

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. Mat 12:37

Even our shortcomings and failures are testament if we are always at the ready to confess and correct and be corrected. We have nothing in and of ourselves to defend save the Lords testimony and our humility is so great an opportunity to present Jesus as Lord, as Truth, as the only Way, that it is to our shame that we are not more forthcoming in our failure to be ever more presently honest.

We therefore will continue to test all things. 1Th 5:21

The world is watching."

- Mike Balog

2008/7/27 14:19Profile

Re:

Brothertom, I agree with you and I do believe the standard needs to be lifted up but my concern is too much attention being placed on this guy instead of revival which is what we are all here for I hope anyway. I know that is your heart from what I have read from your posts and I know you have no intention on getting away from that. I just hope that others do continue to inform and warn others here but that the emphasis stays on revival. Thanks for clarifying what your intentions are and reminding us how important it is to warn others. Blessings..

2008/7/27 14:27
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Dear Brother Chris,

Brothertom has the liberty to publically express his feelings and convictions without being badgered and relentlessly harangued. What you are doing to him here is akin to harassment. It makes no difference to me what he says about Bentley, Hinn, Osteen, Tozer, etc. He is entitled to express his burdens freely granted he doesn't use profanity or is unwantonly malicious. I, for one, happen to share in much of his convictions...though I'm more hesitant to be as vocal as he is. All the same, he is entitled - everyone here is entitled - to express what they feel, backed by scripture, without the fear of being hounded and badgered post after post by someone who has decided to take this a little too personally.

This has now become a personal matter between you two, and we cannot have these feuds in the forums; it is bad blood for everyone, and the blood spills over into other threads like what is happening here. The first thread was locked for this very reason and now you would continue the same here?

Leave it alone, let it go. Commit him to God if you must, for reprimand, but you need to step away and open your eyes and see how this behavior is making you appear before thousands.

2008/7/27 14:34Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brother Paul,

I am taking a stand about how someone is speaking in God's name.

This is the very thing that is being permitted otherwise, against Mr. Bently.

How is this any different?

Does Mr. Bently then have the right to continue to speak how he speaks without brothertom challenging him for months on end here?

Edit: Am I entitled to express my burden for these forums, as you said he is entitled to express his?

2008/7/27 14:39Profile

Re:

Paul, I don't mind a bit if you want to lock this thread. I'll leave that up to you.

2008/7/27 14:41
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Am I entitled to express my burden for these forums, as you said he is entitled to express his?

Of course you are, Chris, but this has gone beyond expressing opinion; you are now leveling each and every post at him like a gun and following him from thread to thread. He has more than once apologized, but this was not enough. He also offered to take it private with you, and that was not enough either.

Well, brother, this is where Mike and I must step in to moderate. Tom is allowed to express what is on his heart about Bentley, and you are allowed to express what is on your heart about how Tom is in error. What you are [i]not[/i] allowed to do is follow him from thread to thread with the same pistol.
Quote:
I am taking a stand about how someone is speaking in God's name.

Brother, you've made you stand, we all know how you feel. Please step down now and back off, leave it in God's hands for reprimand or rebuke. Is God not able to chasten His own children without you tackling them to the ground?

2008/7/27 14:51Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brother Paul,

"Brother, you've made you stand, we all know how you feel. Please step down now and back off, leave it in God's hands for reprimand or rebuke. Is God not able to chasten His own children without you tackling them to the ground?'"

Alright, I will. Thank you deeply for exercising patience with me.

2008/7/27 14:57Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Alright, I will. Thank you deeply for exercising patience with me.

Dear brother, the Lord has taught me patience by his own dealings with me, a person less than a worm and more obstinate than anyone in these forums. I love you, brother, and if it were the other way around I would be defending you and addressing the other person in a heartbeat. I pray you know this.

Brother Paul

2008/7/27 15:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy