SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Faith healer Todd Bentley called a fraud, false teacher

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Faith healer Todd Bentley called a fraud, false teacher

[b]Faith healer Todd Bentley called a fraud, false teacher[/b]

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (BP)--A new faith healer is making headlines for his claims of supernatural powers, but conservative evangelical leaders warn that Todd Bentley is a fraud and a false teacher.
Bentley, leader of a revival that began in Lakeland, Fla., this spring, is known for his multiple body piercings and tattoos, his violent healing techniques, his claims of angelic visions and "holy" laughter and "holy" vibrating shakes. He even claims to have raised dozens of people from the dead.

In one YouTube video, Bentley, who is Canadian, can be seen kneeing in the stomach a man with stage 4 colon cancer. When the man bent over in obvious pain from the blow, Bentley said, "I had to be obedient to the Lord, sir, but I believe that colon cancer is coming right out of your body now." In other videos, Bentley explains how he kicked an elderly lady in the face, banged a crippled woman's legs on a platform ...

read more: http://www.baptistpress.com/BPnews.asp?ID=28522

2008/7/25 10:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Faith healer Todd Bentley called a fraud, false teacher

If the Church was doing it's job correctly these kind of folks would be out of business. The folks coming out to these kind of circuses have not or are not being feed properly at their Church home if they even have one, trust me I can relate, but you won't catch me there because I know how to feed myself if I can't get it at Church. Babies starving for the Gospel and haven't developed that ear to hear,is what keeps feeding the Animals at the Circus. In my personal opinion this guy is going to kill someone if he is not careful, I hope and Pray something like that don't happen to some innocent soul.

2008/7/25 10:54Profile

MrBillPro

you wrote:

Quote:
If the Church was doing it's job correctly these kind of folks would be out of business.

I don't ask this in diviseness, but what do you mean?

Please allow me to assume what you might mean, and please correct me if I'm wrong:

You mean, that the Church should engage in prayer all over this country, begging God to halt this deception?

to which I say amen and amen.

to me, anything more is dangerous, prayer is a mighty weapon, sufficient for all Works of God.

2008/7/25 11:04
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: MrBillPro

Quote:

Natan4Jesus wrote:
you wrote:
Quote:
If the Church was doing it's job correctly these kind of folks would be out of business.

I don't ask this in diviseness, but what do you mean?

Please allow me to assume what you might mean, and please correct me if I'm wrong:

You mean, that the Church should engage in prayer all over this country, begging God to halt this deception?

to which I say amen and amen.

You nailed it that is "exactly" what I meant.

2008/7/25 11:12Profile

Re:

We need people in the Charismatic/Pentecostal circles to grow a spine and say the same thing that Baptist Press has finally said.

Krispy

2008/7/25 14:35

due respect

and I mean due respect, we have enough people "saying" enough things, what the Church is in dire need of is sold out prayer warriors who grow callouses on their knees, and I'm directing that towards myself also.

There is not one follower of Jesus here who could kick up our time in secret travailing prayer a notch or ten. Not one, including me.

and that's the truth, lets search our hearts.

2008/7/25 17:43

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy