Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for comfort

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Prayer for comfort

Dear friends,

Please pray for my wife and I. On sunday night, after consulting with the veterinarian we decided to have our dog Kenja, put to sleep. She had been sick for some time and was not eating. I stayed with her while she passed.

She was with us for 12 years and my heart is deeply pained at the loss of my friend Kenja.

Thank you,

Chris

2008/7/22 19:07Profile
HeartSong

Re: Prayer for comfort

O how the heart hurts to lose a good and faithful friend.

When I gave my "old dog" back to the Lord, I too held him as he passed. One minute he had his sweet nose tucked into my arm, and the next minute his whole body went limp. I remember being impressed at how truly lifeless he became - clearly "old dog" had departed and what I was holding was an empty shell - the part that I loved was gone. The life that was gone was life that was given of God. The Lord had given me "old dog" - and then had taken him back unto Himself. Oh what a blessed Saviour we have, for He filled the hole that was in my heart with Himself.

The emptiness that I first felt reminds me of how it feels when I turn from my Lord - lost and alone - but He is always faithful to heal. O God, thank you for the time that you gave me to enjoy my "old dog" - You used him to teach me so very many precious things.

Chris, I will hold the both of you in my prayers.

2008/7/22 23:49Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Prayer for comfort

Praying.

2008/7/23 2:33Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Heartsong, thank you, and for what you shared.

And Chris, thank you brother for your faithfull prayers for me and others. Thank you both and all others.

I believe your prayers unto God have helped. Please pray as you can.

Grace and peace.

2008/7/23 23:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy