SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Transformed, Translated, Transfigured?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Transformed, Translated, Transfigured?

Is it all the same "Glorification"?

. . . . and the afterwards of the rapture of the faithful in Christ, is what?

2008/7/13 11:37
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Transformed, Translated, Transfigured?

Transfigured refers to the revealing and unveiling of Christ in His glory. Translated
means moved from our earthly dwelling into a
heavenly place. Transformed is changed into
the likeness of Christ. The Greek words have
subtle differences in their meanings.

2008/7/13 13:34Profile

Re:

Quote:

sojourner7 wrote:
Transfigured refers to the revealing and unveiling of Christ in His glory. Translated
means moved from our earthly dwelling into a
heavenly place. Transformed is changed into
the likeness of Christ. The Greek words have
subtle differences in their meanings.

Jesus earned His transfiguration by obedience. Why is it assumed we must not have to earn our transfiguration the same way after we are born again?

2008/7/14 7:15
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

Ormly, I don't make any assumptions; especially
when it comes down to obedience.

2008/7/14 10:20Profile

Re:

Then the question really isn't for you. . . )) except why is it generally assumed?

2008/7/14 11:08
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

Ormly wrote:

Jesus earned His transfiguration by obedience. Why is it assumed we must not have to earn our transfiguration the same way after we are born again?

There is a yoke for us to be subjected too!

Mt 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mt 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

The believer is to subject himself to Christ. He is to learn Christ. He is to allow God to work in Him to will and to do of His good pleasure. He is to press toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

He is to do all by the power of God working in him. He will obtain it by subjecting himself to Christ and following after with all his heart and will be rewarded for his diligence in following Christ. He will not have earned it in the sense of him meriting anything.

Man’s freewill must be surrendered to God. Man will give Christ all the glory and the credit. Christ will reward man for his subjection, for his love and passion in following after Him, by subjecting himself to His Lordship, being filled with His Spirit so that God is able to do the supernatural in his life.

Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

2008/7/14 12:51Profile

Re:

Merit? Unmerit? We know God never chooses an unrighteous man to do His righteous bidding. What criteria does God then use when determining His choices. . . .and can't it be seen as meritorious on the part of the chosen and something they need to protect as in never where your humble badge. For instance, what is the reward for loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength?
If it is something that is learned and we learn it then is it not something we earned?

2008/7/14 13:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy