SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : HELPFUL TEXTS IN SOULS -WINNING Compiled by Gerhard Du toit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 HELPFUL TEXTS IN SOULS -WINNING Compiled by Gerhard Du toit

What the Church needs to-day is not more machinery or better, not new organizations or more and novel methods, but men whom the Holy Ghost can use — men of prayer, men mighty in prayer. The Holy Ghost does not flow through methods, but through men. He does not come on machinery, but on men. He does not anoint plans, but men — men of prayer.
Bounds, E. M. (1999). Power through prayer
James 5:16 (KJV) 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much .

Oh for a passionate passion for souls!

Oh for a pity that yearns!

Oh for the love that love unto death!

Oh for the fire that burns!

Oh for the pure prayer-power that prevails,

That pours itself out for the lost!

Victorious prayer in the Conqueror's name;

Oh for a Pentecost.

Infinite Savior, in mighty compassion,

Take thy poor child tonight!

That which she hat not, in tenderness give,

Teach her to pray and to fight.

Cost what it may of a self-crucifixion,

So that thy will be done;

Cost what it may, of a loneliness after,

So only souls be won.

-- Amy Carmichael

The following text are by no means a comprehensive collection of suitable Scriptures for the Soul- Winner, They are but a brief selection which will nevertheless be of great assistance in dealing with souls.

[b]THE INDIFFERENT[/b]

A. SERIOUSNESS OF SIN

I. Romans 3:23 (KJV) 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God ;

II. Psalm 51:4 (KJV) 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest .

III. James 2:10 (KJV) 10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point , he is guilty of all .

B. THE CONSEQUENCE OF SIN

I. Isaiah 59:2 (KJV) 2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hida his face from you, that he will not hear .

II. Ezekiel 18:4 (KJV) 4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die .

III. Matthew 25:41 (KJV) 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels :

IV. Romans 6:23 (KJV) 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord .

V. Revelation 21:8 (KJV) 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death .

C. THE CONVICTION OF SIN

I. Romans 14:12 (KJV) 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God .

II. Hebrews 2:3 (KJV) 3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him ;

[b]THE SEEKER[/b]

1. Luke 11:9-13 (KJV) 9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you . 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened . 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone ? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent ? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer c him a scorpion ? 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him ?

2. Isaiah 1:18 (KJV) 18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool .

3. Jeremiah 29:12-13 (KJV) 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me , when ye shall search for me with all your heart .

4. Matthew 11:28 (KJV) 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest

5. John 6:37 (KJV) 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out .

[b]THE PENITENT[/b]

1. Micah 7:18 (KJV) 18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage ? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy .

2. Luke 15:7 (KJV) 7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance .

3. Acts 3:19 (KJV) 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord ;

4. 1 John 1:9 (KJV) 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

[b]THE DOUBTER[/b]

DOUBTING CAN BE CAUSED THROUGH:

A. IGNORANCE

a. John 1:12 (KJV) 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he powerb to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name :

b. 1 John 5:12-13 (KJV) 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life . 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God .

B. SIN

a. Isaiah 55:7 (KJV) 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteousb man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon .

C. DEPENDENCE ON FEELING

a. John 5:24 (KJV) 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life .

[b]THE BACK SLIDER[/b]

A. THE UNCONCERNED

a. Amos 4:12 (KJV) 12 Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel .

b. 2 Peter 2:20-22 (KJV) 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning . 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it , to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them . 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire .

B. THE CONCERNED

a. Jeremiah 3:12-14 (KJV) 12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever . 13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD . 14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion

b. Hosea 14:1-4 (KJV) 1 O Israel, return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity . 2 Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receivea us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips . 3 Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherless findeth mercy . 4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

c. Luke 15:11-24 (KJV) 11 And he said, A certain man had two sons : 12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me . And he divided unto them his living . 13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living . 14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want . 15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine . 16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him . 17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger ! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee , 19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants . 20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him . 21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son . 22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet : 23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it ; and let us eat, and be merry : 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry .

[b]THE COMPROMISER[/b]

a. 1 Thessalonians 5:22 (KJV) 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil .

b. 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (KJV) 14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness ? and what communion hath light with darkness ? 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial ? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel ? 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols ? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people . 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing ; and I will receive you , 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty .

c. 1 John 2:15-16 (KJV) 15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him . 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world .

d. James 4:4 (KJV) 4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God ? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God .

[b]THE TEMPTED[/b]

a. 1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV) 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it .

b. Hebrews 2:18 (KJV) 18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted .

c. James 4:7 (KJV) 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you . [1]

[b]THE AFFLICTED[/b]

a. Isaiah 43:2 (KJV) 2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

b. John 14:1-2 (KJV) 1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me . 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so , I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you .

c. Romans 8:28 (KJV) 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose .

[b]THE DEFEATED[/b]

a. Romans 6:6 (KJV) 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him , that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin .

b. Romans 6:1 (KJV) 1 What shall we say then ? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound ?

c. 2 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV) 14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place .

d. Ephesians 3:19 (KJV) 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God

[b]THE ENSLAVED[/b]

a. Romans 5:6 (KJV) 6 For when we were yet without strength, in due timea Christ died for the ungodly .

b. 1 John 3:8 (KJV) 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil .

c. 1 Corinthians 15:57 (KJV) 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ .

2004/7/4 13:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy