SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : 105 days until the Lilburn, GA, USA Revival Conference

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 105 days until the Lilburn, GA, USA Revival Conference

105 days until the Lilburn, GA, USA Revival Conference

Our power in prayer depends upon our life. Where our life is right we shall know how to pray so as to please God, and prayer will secure the answer. Hear the Lord Jesus in the parable of the vine: "If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7). And again at the close of the parable: "Ye did not choose Me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide: that whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My name, He may give it you" (v. 16).

It is the branch life that gives power for prayer. We are branches of Christ, the Living Vine. We must simply live like branches, and abide in Christ. Then we shall ask what we will, and it shall be done unto us. The branch is simply a growth of the vine, produced by it and appointed to bear fruit. It has only one reason of existence; it is there at the bidding of the vine, that through it the vine may bear and ripen its precious fruit. Just as the vine lives to produce the sap that makes the grape, so the branch has no other aim but to receive that sap and bear the grape. Its work is to serve the vine, that through it the vine may do its work.

The believer, the branch of Christ, the Heavenly Vine, is as exclusively to live only that Christ may bear fruit through him. A true Christian as a branch is to be as absorbed in and devoted to the work of bearing fruit to the glory of God as Christ the Vine was on earth and is now in heaven. It is to such that the unlimited prayer promises of the parable are given. With our life abiding in Him, and His Words abiding, kept and obeyed in our heart and life, there will be the grace to pray aright and the faith to receive the whatsoever we will.

God’s covenant is ever: Give all and take all. If one is willing to be wholly branch, and nothing but branch, is ready to place himself absolutely at the disposal of Jesus the Vine of God, to bear His fruit through him, and to live every moment only for Him – he will receive a divine liberty to claim Christ’s "whatsoever" in all its fullness. And he will have divine wisdom and humility to use it aright. He will live and pray and claim the Father’s promises even as Christ did, only for God’s glory in the salvation of men. He will use his boldness in prayer only with a view to power in intercession and getting men blessed. -Andrew Murray

FREE EVENT TO ATTEND, PRE-REGISTER HERE: http://revivalconference.eventbrite.com/

2008/7/7 10:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy