Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Search Engine for Articles

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Search Engine for Articles

Hi Greg
You have added a whole new dimension to sermonindex in the written article section. It is another treasurehouse. Many, many thanks.

The other day your random article generator chose an article by T Austin-Sparks. It caught my attention but I was called away. When I returned the moment was gone and another random article had taken its place.

I found it but it took a while. Is there any possible of using/adapting the search engine to search the articles? Just imagine, for example, being able to enter 2 Cor 5:17 to assemble the comprehensive wisdom of all these writers on that verse... or looking up the word 'intercession'... I am drooling just thinking about it...

Perhaps I am missing something and I can already do it...?

2004/7/2 6:58Profile

Re: Search Engine for Articles

I want to express gratitude, being made able to browse through texts which one would not have known about otherwise.
This section provides a great introduction to writers and their thoughts, which is valuable indeed.
Hanna

2004/7/2 10:13
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I found it but it took a while. Is there any possible of using/adapting the search engine to search the articles? Just imagine, for example, being able to enter 2 Cor 5:17 to assemble the comprehensive wisdom of all these writers on that verse... or looking up the word 'intercession'... I am drooling just thinking about it...

Brother Ron, yes actually the articles are searchable! Give it a try the results show above the Downloads results. Even the photos section is searchable. I am trying to build it up also there are over 500 vintage photos right now. I am glad both of you are being blessed by these resources.

2004/7/2 10:28Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Brother Ron, yes actually the articles are searchable! Give it a try the results show above the Downloads results.

Hi Greg
I think I am missing something here. If I use the advanced search engine that appears at the bottom of the forum section I don't get any results from the Articles. That search engine obviously searches one or more of the forums. Is there another search engine that operates from somewhere else?

FORGET IT. I am a dummy. I had set up a tab on my search which picked up just the forum searches and from then on had not used the Search at the top of the home page.

2004/7/11 3:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Hi Brother Ron, Here is the link to the advanced search form that searches the following sections: Forums, Photos, Articles, Downloads.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/search.php]Advanced SI Search Form[/url] ;-)

EDIT: actually on second look its not that [b]advanced[/b] but it does the trick hehe.

2004/7/11 3:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy