SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Holy in Christ ~ Andrew Murray

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Holy in Christ ~ Andrew Murray

No. 1

"The secret of the life of holiness comes to those who seek it not, but only seek Jesus. Let all learn to trust in Jesus and to rejoice in Him, even though their experience be not what they wish. He will make us holy. But whether we have entered the blessed life of faith in Jesus as our sanctification, or are still longing for it from afar, [b]we all need one thing –the simple believing and obedient acceptance of each word that our God has spoken."[/b]

~ Andrew Murray

2008/7/1 9:17
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Holy in Christ ~ Andrew Murray

Quote: ...even though their experience be not what they wish.'

That is so true.

The Christian should ever be seeking after our Lord Jesus.

Seek and you will find, we are told.

Nice short post, and good too.

God bless.

2008/7/1 9:25Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Holy in Christ ~ Andrew Murray

Those who have found sanctification and holiness
before the Lord will tell you that He Himself is
our sanctification; the Lord is our holiness!

2008/7/2 14:28Profile

Re:

No. 2

"Be Ye Holy, for I am holy." It is as God said: Holiness is My blessedness and My glory; without this you cannot see Me or enjoy Me. There is nothing higher to be conceived; I invite you to share with Me in it; I invite you to likeness with Myself: "Be Ye Holy as I am holy."

~ Andrew Murray

2008/7/2 14:49

Re:

No. 3

Holiness is not something we do or attain; it is the communication of the Divine Life, the inbreathing of the Divine Nature; the power of the Divine Presence resting on us. The Holy One calls us to Himself, that He may make us holy in possessing Himself. It is because the call to holiness comes from the God of infinite Power and Love that we may have the confidence: we can be holy.

~Andrew Murray

------

It's so amazing that with the commands God gives us, like 'Be ye holy', He provides all that is need for the obedience of them! We just have to be yielded and surrendered to the working of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

I must confess that just looking at the command to be holy from the perspective of my own strength is overwhelming and can lead to despair, but looking to Jesus Christ and His divine power..now there is the encouragement that it is He who is doing the good work in me. Praise God!

2008/7/3 11:35

Re:

No. 4

The nature of light is the same, whether in the sun or in a candle; the nature of holiness remains unchanged whether it be God or man in whom it dwells. The more carefully we listen to God’s voice and let it sink into our hearts, the more will all human standards fall away, and only the words be heard, “Holy, as I am Holy.”

~Andrew Murray

2008/7/4 13:33

Re:

No. 5

[b]We are holy in Christ Jesus.[/b] Would we but believe, how God's light would shine and fill our hearts with joy and love. Let us fear our own thoughts and crucify our own wisdom. Let us give ourselves up to receive, in the power of the life of God Himself, working in us by the Holy Spirit, that which is deeper and truer than human thought, Christ Himself as our holiness.

~Andrew Murray

2008/7/5 10:48

holiness

"It is impossible for any of us to achieve holiness in God's sight by our own strength or willpower. There is only one way to be holy - and one principle by which to approach the Lord in our Christian service. We must come to him saying, "Lord, I have nothing to give you. You have to do it all!"

David Wilkerson

2008/7/5 13:06

Re:

No. 6

As the revelation of the Holy One of old was a very slow and gradual one, so let us be content patiently to follow, step by step, the path of the shining light through the Word; it will shine more and more unto the perfect day.

~Andrew Murray

2008/7/6 9:22

Re:

No. 7

All God’s teaching about holiness is comprised in three great lessons: First, a revelation, “I am holy”; second, a command, “Be ye holy”; third, a gift, the link between the two, “Ye are holy in Christ.”

~Andrew Murray

2008/7/7 9:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy