SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Theology of Steel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
davyman

Theology of Steel

Just got through listening to John Piper preach on the impreccatory passage in Psalm 69. This is a great message.

In his conclusion Piper ascertains that Christians should love the justice and wrath of God. He says "We [Americans] are a very mushy, soft people. The days are coming when we will want a theology with steel in it."

I want that type of theology. One that cuts to the heart not only of the lost, but to the heart of the saint. I am reminded of Romans 15:1-3 "We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, 'The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.'" At times, I am more concerned to recharge the air conditioner in my van than to help a suffering brother.

Lord, I pray that you'll open my sinful heart to see the needs of others. I pray for a steely theology that stands in the face of reproach and strengthens me to act in your name. There will come a day in this country when Your Name will be a byword, let me bear the cursing to come. In Jesus Name.

SDG,

Dave

2008/6/29 11:30Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Theology of Steel

Weapons are forged from steel. The Word of God
is the sword of the Spirit, a double-edged sword
that divides asundrer. The weapons of our warfare are not fleshly; but mighty in God to
cast down imaginations and vainities and everything that is raised against the knowledge
of Christ!!

2008/6/29 13:53Profile
davyman

Re:

Quote:
by sojourner7 on 2008/6/29 12:53:27 Weapons are forged from steel. The Word of God is the sword of the Spirit, a double-edged sword that divides asundrer. The weapons of our warfare are not fleshly; but mighty in God to cast down imaginations and vainities and everything that is raised against the knowledge of Christ!!

Yes, Yes! You have hit the nail on the head. This steely theology is cast in, forged by and shaped with the mighty Word of God. Oh, that I would yeild myself to the mighty action of this sword that it might penetrate the deepest recesses of my heart.

This word that you quoted applies so well. Thank you.

SDG,
Dave

2008/6/29 18:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy