SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mela07

Question

Is it true that once saved your always saved?

2008/6/28 15:48Profile
psalm1

Re: Question

When a person is saved , they are a new creature in Christ. The old things pass away. They dont even look the same. Why? Because they have been born of the spirit.
Now even the perspective changes. Now they are free. They no longer have the devil as their father but now their father is God almighty.
Can they neglect this salvation or offend God so grievously that their name is erased from the lamb's book of life?
I dunno.
But if you look at the core of what God did for us,we have to say that there is only one temperature. WHITE HOT. for if you are cold you cannot be hot. and if you are lukewarm God will spew you out of his mouth.
In this awesome salvation, there is no "part or portion" it is ALL. Jesus gave it ALL . He doesnt require part of your life He requires all.
Its not "sorta" serving Him, it is radically serving him.
The normal christian life lived by the apostles would offend most modern believers.

Note these verses from Heb 11
35Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36And others had trial of cruel mocking and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Doesn't verse 40 blow you away?

David

2008/6/28 16:27Profile
rbanks

Re: Question

Why are you asking this kind of Question? May I ask you some questions first?

Is this a trick question? Are you asking so you can debate over your Beliefs?

What do you mean by the word saved?

Is this more important to you than your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and your devotion to Him?

2008/6/28 16:29Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Once saved

Hello mela07,

Welcome to SI. It would be great to know a little bit more about you, please see the Welcome & Intro section under the [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/]Discussion Forum[/url]

Your question is often asked, here is a number of prior postings;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=8093&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]Once Saved Always Saved[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=12179&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]Once Saved Always Saved?[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=16840&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]Once Saved...Always Saved???[/url]

rbanks,

Tell us how you are able to ascertain suspicions laced with accusation from a first time poster asking a straightfoward question.

You can't and you should not, this is just one way strife and contention gets started. It's presumption. Let them respond.
[i]edited[/i]

2008/6/29 8:41Profile
mela07

Re:

rbanks wrote:

I was just asking the question because someone said that and I didn't think that it was true so I just wanted to make sure. No I am not trying to debate over my beliefs.

Quote:

2008/6/30 9:57Profile

Re: Dear Mela:. The answer is no.

There are many millions of good Christians who may believe so, and I have fellowship with many who believe such. I do not believe it so, according to the Bible.

There are so many scriptures that I could bring, that it would be overkill, and it seems that the nature of this doctrine is that whatever scripture seems to be clear about, it is somehow twisted to be unclear. Jesus said,

Quote:
He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;and I will not blot out his name out of THE BOOK OF LIFE, but I will confess his name before my father, and before His Angels!"

. Rev:3 vs. 5

This is very straitforward and direct. The book of Life is where the names of the Redeemed are; those that are saved. Being saved is directly related to ..Overcoming! We are either an overcomer, or we are overcome. This is the battle we have with the Flesh, The World, and the Devil. This is the battle we cannot lose. This one Word out of the mouth of Jesus alone, should be enough, but the indoctrinated of always saved, seem to twist this word too.

The souls Jesus referred to here, were once Born Again, to new Life, by the Holy Spirit renewing them. That is the only ones who get to have their names in there. See Jesus's word to Nicodemus:"Marvel not that I say unto you , "You must be born again!"

This doctrine implies that we can live anyway we so desire, and we will be ok with God; filled with Pride, self seeking Ambition, hatefulness, lust of all manner; drunkenness, fornication, greediness, theft, lying, and even witchcraft, and somehow enter into His holy Heaven. This is ludicrous to anyone who has read the Bible. And remember, that the inward Sins are just as Evil, as the outward sins. Jesus confronted the holier than thou Pharisee's, and Exposed their hypocrisy, calling them "White-washed tombs, who appeared white on the outside, but housed the bones of the dead, inside."

He called them children of Satan, the devil. The Bible says that without Holiness, no man shall see God. Galatians Ch. 5; vss.19-21. This was written to several Churches: Paul established them, and they were all saved sinners, just like you and me, and may have encountered a similar doctrine floating around. Read this list, by yourself. Do you believe Paul wrote this, inspired by the Lord, to imply the exact opposite if his intentions? Of course not. These saved Christians knew that Paul meant that if they did not overcome, and gave themselves over to Sin[ became overcome] They would not inherit the Kingdom...they would have their names "Blotted out of the Book of Life." It is the Same Word as Jesus's.

Read Revelation 22.VSS:14 and 15.Some have a blessed right to enter into the city of God, New Jerusalem, and some do not. The ones that do. have kept His Commandments, ;Love God wholeheartedly, and your brothers and sisters as yourself. The carnal people, whoever they may have been, on Earth, Christian or not, are outside. Idolaters [greedy people], fornicators, liars and so on, suffer eternal banishment from the Eternal City. This is what the faithful and holy are Saved unto; "He that overcomes, and endures to this End"....Salvation.

Rev" 22..vs:19: The Lord again speaks to those who remove sound doctrine from the Bible. He speaks to those who have their names written there. He speaks, "God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the Holy City.", if anyone does this.

Over and over again, the Word says to Endure, and not be deceived; that we can live unholy, and expect to inherit Holy... It is a lie.

This doctrine has taken multitudes to Hades already, and in my opinion, is wicked, and a doctrine of a devil! It removes the warning of God to be holy, and the fear of God, that accompanies the true gospel.

"Knowing therefore the Terror of the Lord, we persuade men."......"Fear not he who kills the body, but fear Him who after killing the body, casts the soul into Hell!"...speaking of Himself. Doing Evil inside or outside of our heart, and not repenting, by the mercies afforded by Jesus's Blood and awefull sacrifice, will condemn us, whether we once were saved, or not. "He that endures until the end, the same shall be saved."

I hope this has helped. Let us learn the fear of the Lord...Jesus of Nazareth's terror, and great mercies...brothertom.

edit:[P.S....Read the Bible on your OWN, and listen to the Spirit in you, reasoning with you. When you listen to men alone, your faith isn't founded in your heart, it is founded on their faith, or in some cases Dogma.[Stubborn ideas that may not be true.]

When you read, ask God, and wait...He will show you. There are few Pastors today who are in soundness and reality attuned to holiness. I recommend Zach Poonen here on this site, and Milton Green, also. They won't steer you wrong, The Audio series are great, and very stabilizing in Truth, who is a Person, by the WAY!....

Begin a secret walk with God, that no one knows about. Give him your early mornings for one hour each day, just like a date. Read your Bible, worship Him, and pray, and ask Him how to, all the time, He will, right along with your will to know Him, and make Him Happy!

2008/6/30 12:53
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

mela07 wrote:
rbanks wrote:

I was just asking the question because someone said that and I didn't think that it was true so I just wanted to make sure. No I am not trying to debate over my beliefs.
Quote:

Hi mela07,

First of all welcome! I hope my straight forward questions to your question did not offend you.

I was not judging you, for I had no way of knowing your intentions but I have seen to many argue over this belief. Not just this belief, but other things people love to disagree about.

I do believe I can say this with confidence, having read some of the posts Brothertom has written, that He as well as others on here,will strive to stay within biblical revelation.

Again, Brothertom has written you an excellent post and I apologize if you found my straight forward questions, being judgmental toward you.

2008/6/30 13:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy