SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : CHRISTIANITY TODAY'S POSITIVE REVIEW OF SEX AND THE CITY

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

CHRISTIANITY TODAY'S POSITIVE REVIEW OF SEX AND THE CITY

CHRISTIANITY TODAY'S POSITIVE REVIEW OF SEX AND THE CITY

Christianity Today recently published a positive review of the filthy Sex and the City movie based on the HBO television series. The reviewer admits that the movie contains filthy language, nudity, homosexual kissing, and "several graphic sex scenes," but goes on to say that it "offers much that will resonate with singles--and yes, even Christians" and has "smart dialogue, interesting plots, and a ton of heart."

Jeff Royal got it right with this comment: "It's unbelievable that C.T. would not try to steer Christians far away from this thrash, and that they would choose to review it in the first place. I can understand its popularity with the world, but for it to appeal to Bible-believing Christians must bring great reproach to an all holy God. 'Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people' (Proverbs 14:34). 'Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death' (James 1:15). 'For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is
of the world' (1 John 2:16)."

-- Krispy

2008/6/27 10:09

Re: CHRISTIANITY TODAY'S POSITIVE REVIEW OF SEX AND THE CITY

It's OK,Krispy. It was a solid review, no matter what you think. The reviewer just forgot that the "city" was [b]SODOM[/b], and the good people had to flee for their [i]LIVES![/i]

2008/6/27 10:21
Chi

Jesus I knew, and Paul I knew, but who are you?

2008/6/27 10:24Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Have not and would not see the movie, the title is a giveaway. Never saw the tv series either for the same reason.

The reason why any 'Christian' would suppose it is worthwhile to review this filth, is because their flesh needs it, their spirit doesn't.

And if their flesh needs it, they are pleasing the flesh and not God. And those that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Would we invite God along to view the movie? Feel comfortable with Him sitting in the next seat watching? Would it please God?

Would it?

2008/6/27 10:26Profile

Re:

I just cant get over the fact that they would even review it... Obviously the person who watched this movie in order to review it lacks any kind of discernment... and CT in publishing that review shows their lack of discernment. Absolutely mind-boggling.

Krispy

2008/6/27 10:47
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Krispy I have to say this. Most of these people that write such things have no real concept of God, his holiness, and majesty there is no fear of God before their eyes and the way of righteousness they do not know. Any time you have 70% of professing so called christains saying that there are other ways to heaven you know deception is working big time. I wonder sometimes if these folks are really even born again of the Spirit of God. This totally Grieves me may God in his mercy save these people open their eyes and translate them from the power of darkness into his glorious kingdom.

2008/6/27 10:51Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 (ESV)

2008/6/27 11:28Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Krispy, they’ll probably be showing it at most of the churches you listed a few months back. Not sure of the name of that thread. I went to most of the websites for those churches…I’m still trying to get over it. I’m not shocked…the Bible tells us it will happen…but still…

2008/6/27 11:33Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

Yes you said it best when you quoted
2Thessalonians 2:11-12. We are living in that bible reality as we speak. Very Shocking, but the bible said these things would happen.

2008/6/27 11:40Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I’m still trying to get over it.

We need an emoticon for weeping...

2008/6/27 11:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy