SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 70 percent of Americans say that many religions can lead to eternal life

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

70 percent of Americans say that many religions can lead to eternal life

Americans see truth in a range of faiths, massive study finds

By Michael Paulson
Globe Staff / June 24, 2008

The United States is a nation of believers: most Americans say they believe in God, they pray, and they attend worship services regularly; they also believe in angels and demons, in heaven and hell, and in miracles.

But they also say, contradicting the teachings of many faiths, that truth comes in many forms. Large majorities of Americans say that many religions - not just their own - can lead to eternal life, and that there is more than one way to interpret religious teachings, according to a massive new study of religion in America conducted by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life and released yesterday.

Story continues...

Source [url=http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/06/24/americans_see_truth_in_a_range_of_faiths_massive_study_finds/]here[/url]

2008/6/24 7:33Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: 70 percent of Americans say that many religions can lead to eternal life

I don't think it's a secret anymore that anything but the Bible goes.

Sad but true.

However, as scripture tells us, the wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God, Ps 9v17.

I think sometimes we don't view rejecting God in the same light that He does.

I know it would be hard for us to do so, but if we are zealous for Him, how come we are so comfortable with this world, and with sin?

God bless.

2008/6/24 10:06Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re: 70 percent of Americans say that many religions can lead to eternal life

This is just proof that the Tares have been grafted into the same field as the wheat. May we pray for the church. That God would remove this massive deception that permeates it. It is sad to hear things like this. I stick to my guns on what I am about to say. I believe that a large majority of folks that call themselves christians are really unsaved. They have not had a true conversion of the spirit. I feel that this is why quotes like this come out from so called christians. May the Holy Spirit enlighten these folks to the True Gospel and it's power to radically save a radically depraved spirit

2008/6/24 10:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy