SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Praying For Revival and the Revival Conferences..

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Praying For Revival and the Revival Conferences..

Saints,

I want to invite you to pray and join with us in unified prayer for revival and the revival conferences. We have setup a google group for people to join in:

http://groups.google.com/group/revivalpraying

This is a intial set and we will be posting articles, directions and also faciliate a [b]weekly prayer conference call[/b] that will be open to 100 people freely. God willing this will start in a week from now. You can go ahead and join the group.

Any ideas on prayer for revival and the revival conferences would be appreciated. Feel free to post a comment here.

2008/6/20 19:45Profile
JoanM

Re: Praying For Revival and the Revival Conferences..

I am thanking God for this exceedingly abundant answer to the prayer of probably many. It was mine from the day of my first post (praying ground)Can we meet?

2008/6/20 21:07Profile

This is really great! I'll be praying for this as it develops and hope that it leads to more praying and seeking God.

2008/6/20 21:42
awakenwithin

AZ

Praise the Lord Brother, May God move many to pray together. There is also live skype that you can have lots of peopel join in for a prayer call,
I am not sure what the number of people that can join,

I would love share a few things God has put on my heart, but maybe a little later. I am sick today.

But Praise God, I am praying brother. God does hear prayers.

I am delighted to hear, God bless
charlene

2008/6/21 3:07Profile

Re:

If man is constantly praying for revival, but he himself is never revived, does God hear his prayers?

2008/6/21 5:45

Re:

Just a few verses to consider:

Pro 28:9 One who [u]turns away his ear from hearing the law[/u], [b]Even his prayer is an abomination[/b].

Jer 7:16 "Therefore [b]do not pray for this people[/b], nor lift up a cry or prayer for them, nor make intercession to Me; [b]for I will not hear you[/b].
Jer 7:17 [u]Do you not see what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?[/u]

Jer 11:11 Therefore thus says the Lord: "Behold, I will surely bring calamity on them which they will not be able to escape; and though they cry out to Me, I will not listen to them.
Jer 11:12 Then the cities of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem will go and cry out to the gods to whom they offer incense, but they will not save them at all in the time of their trouble.
Jer 11:13 For according to the number of your cities were your gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem you have set up altars to that shameful thing, altars to burn incense to Baal.
Jer 11:14 "So do not pray for this people, or lift up a cry or prayer for them; for I will not hear them in the time that they cry out to Me because of their trouble.

Jer 14:10 Thus says the Lord to this people: "Thus they have loved to wander; They have not restrained their feet. Therefore the Lord does not accept them; He will remember their iniquity now, And punish their sins."
Jer 14:11 Then the Lord said to me, "Do not pray for this people, for their good.
Jer 14:12 "When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence."

Mat 6:7 And when you pray, [u]do not use vain repetitions[/u] as the heathen do. For [b]they think that they will be heard for their many words[/b].

2008/6/21 5:55
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Praise the Lord Brother, May God move many to pray together. There is also live skype that you can have lots of peopel join in for a prayer call,
I am not sure what the number of people that can join,

Amen Sister. Yes we will be posting times and phone numbers people can call toll-free to enter into these prayer times. I believe this will be simpler and more stable then using skype or any other internet based software. I am really looking forward to being a part of this.

We might try weekly to get a speaker from the revival conference or other preachers share for 10 minutes on revival and prayer and then we pray for a hour afterwards. I believe we can do this at least once weekly. And the free conferencing supports up to 100 people.

Quote:
If man is constantly praying for revival, but he himself is never revived, does God hear his prayers?

Amen brother. Yes we need to allow God to root out sin in our own lifes this is crucial I posted this in another thread but its applicable here:

Oh the need is great and we must pray and be hearing God everyday allowing Him to show us [b]sins and the unyielded self[/b]. And therefore become [b]vessels of honor that he can intercede through[/b].

2008/6/21 17:48Profile
JRuth

Moscow, PA

This is wonderful!! May God answer the prayers of His people for revival!

2008/6/21 18:21Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Oh the need is great and we must pray and be hearing God everyday allowing Him to show us sins and the unyielded self. And therefore become vessels of honor that he can intercede through.

Yes Lord, let it be so.

2008/6/22 0:59Profile
JoanM

[b][u]Ideas on prayer for revival and the revival conferences.[/u][/b]

1. When we come to the fasting part of prayer and fasting, we may want to consider a fast of SI. Lots of time spent there. Maybe a general call at some point with moderators still moderating?

2. Specific prayer for the Revival meetings in Scotland from John Knox. He said these were key in Scotland. [u]John 17; Psm.9:17-20[/u] The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. 18 For the needy shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.19 Arise, O LORD; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight.20 Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.,

[u]and Lam.5:19-2[/u] Thou, O LORD, remainest for ever; thy throne from generation to generation.
20 Wherefore dost thou forget us for ever, and forsake us so long time?
21 Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old.

3. [i][u]“Amen to these posts. Oh the need is great and we must pray and be hearing God everyday allowing Him to show us sins and the unyielded self. And therefore become vessels of honor that he can intercede through”.[/i][/u]

Were you thinking individually, as I assume we aim daily to do, dealing with conviction as it occurs? Were you thinking of John Wesley’s Bands with their six points. 100 is a lot for that but if many have a free 3-way calling on their phone service, sub-groups of 6-10 might be doable by country/service areas. Or a dedicated diary/record? Daily set aside time of Heart search?

4. [i][u]Hearing God.[/u][/i] Maybe e-mail to you the Bible verse we hear, out of the many we hear/read each day, that God specifically points out is for Revival/Atlanta/Scotland. You could discern where to start each time. God's pinpoint direction for [u]these days[/u] emerges. I am not talking about the oft-quoted verses (not that they are not applicable, they too are promises and some give direction). I am not talking about a scholarship search for verses (although God might lead someone that way). Every revival I have heard of has been unique. It’s the door, the light, the lamp I am talking about. Prayerful step-by-step communication with God through His word, speaking His language. Just a thought: I’m trying to communicate clearly here, not lobby. It's our [u]heart[/u] He hears and His heart that we seek and want.

[u]Stray thoughts.[/u] As I read 119 Days GA: I wondered about them having one heart cry for His promise to them and how the Holy Spirit brings about “one accord”. Because I hear Aileen’s song “I see Jesus” as a revival song (as much about OT Isa.6 as it is about NT Steven), she is on my prayer list. Due to what I saw on a YouTube (young man from Scotland comes to take Lakeland back there and what’s-his-name giving a “prophecy" about youth there), I am praying for the youth. I am so ashamed before God (154 days Scotland), what we have done to His name.

2008/6/23 21:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy