SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Reformation, Restoration Revolution and Revival. 1.]

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Reformation, Restoration Revolution and Revival. 1.]

"New wine must be put into new wineskins, lest the old burst..."..Jesus.

The out pouring at Pentecost was a revolution, of monumental and limitless parameters. It was indefinable in all of the concepts and terms of religious Judaism, and was so free in nature, as to be viewed as Anarchy by many.{thereby the Judiazers who pursued Paul.

It was so incredibly pure, that people feared joining themselves to her, and the terror that fell on all of those who hated her, and acted with hypocrisy towards her. This was hyper revival; the birth of a manchild victor, both toddling and conquering, not 8 weeks old. This was a child that the Jealousy of God rested upon from the get-go.

I think of her purity, I think of her mission. {Go. Make disciples. Seal them in Babtism...[fire and water,]

It was the Church that carried Revival! Where ever her footsteps walked, there revival was.

We tend to look at revival as an event. Maybe, sometimes, it is an outpouring upon men, and usually the Spirit of Holiness , and the conviction to give our lives to it, was the essential Spirit enveloping her; covering her. Every new testament church established was one of white hot intensity..[not without lots of unholy water dousing her...flesh and conflicts..] The Church carried revival.

The idolatrous doctrines of happiness, and prosperity, as a right and lifestyle of the redeemed, has reversed , corrupted the fruit, necessary to carry holiness...along with the compassion and mercies with it. You cannot have revival, without these spiritual realities. You may have church growth, and a satisfied and zealous congregation and denomination, but this is not what Revival is.

Quote:
The popular notion that the first obligation of the church is to spread the Gospel to the uttermost parts of the Earth is false. Her first obligation is to be Spiritually Worthy to spread it.

A. W, Tozer

The Church itself will carry Revival. The church shrivels when she turns the blessings inward, to keep them for herself. This is the Church that will devise all manner of doctrine, to keep herself ascendant, and alive. Holiness will always display mercies, and love for the lost, and will be compelled to go, and as the first church, revival follows His Word to the lost.

When revival comes,, it is mans duty to protect it, while feeding the Body. This is not done in the world of ideas, as the same as the reality of life. Ideas will not feed or protect....only the boots on the ground will, and every revival will be tested by Satan himself, as her walls are assaulted daily. True revived Disciples spell out his impending future in a fiery Lake.

The early church had fire running in their veins, and the cry of No Compromise, on her lips, as she painfully took ground for the Kingdom of Heaven. There is a price to be paid, and it outside the realms of our comfort Zone, and our lifestyles that war to maintain it.

Can we pay the price, to buy oil, or will we sleep? May this be our desire, and the future motives of Sermonindex and other revival conferences. Purity comes with a no compromise trumpet, otherwise your sounding the brass gong of reforming the selfish one, or restoring the dead. It must be more, It must be a brand new foundation, a brand new skin to hold a brand new, and clean Baby. This will come through people that are pure, or else you will birth a child who may look like Goliath.

We must pray for fire and repentence, but if we attained it, would we go? Would we forsake all, and follow Jesus, wherever he went?

I hope I would. Revival carries a commitment with it, that most do not really want to pay for. Your comments please? We will come together one day, for sure.

Do not cry out for revival, if you have not decided that you will pay the price, what ever they may be, to follow Jesus into these fires of total commitment, and loving not a vestige of your own way or posterity. You will bring Condemnation from the Lord upon yourself. Count the costs of revival.

If you love your children more, you are not worthy. If you love your spouse, more, you will not be worthy. If you love the American Dream more, you are unworthy. If you do not hate your life, you will be unable to pay the price...for it is everything. Ask Annanias ans Sapphira. Nothing held back, everything , secretly. on the Alter of God....It is these, and only these, who will enter revival, and remain as fruit. "He who endures unto the end, the same shall be saved!"

2008/6/20 19:43
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Reformation, Restoration Revolution and Revival. 1.]

Revival carries a committment with it, that most do noy really want to pay for.

Indeed, it is this lack of price paying that characterizes the so-called revival in Lakeland. What price is there to pay for experiencing the revival going on there? Your airfare, hotel room, and gas? In the ways of God, death always precedes life. There can be no resurrection without a crucifixion. Thus, where there is the abscence of death, but abundance of power, one can know for sure that somebody besides God is at work.

2008/6/20 19:53Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Anytime somebody takes a shortcut around death to experience power, know for sure a counterfeiter is in your midst.

2008/6/20 19:55Profile

Re: King Jimmy:...The costs of revival...who will pay?

Paying the price for revival is I suppose something that always was. Think of the rich young ruler. "..and he walked away with great sadness, for he had many riches and possessions." Somehow, that fits every human being, in his heart to follow God. Jesus demands Lordship, and it is absolute and total; anything less is unaceptable, and a usurping of his rule....it is rebellion.

I think of what this rich young ruler eventually lost, for his grasping of what he refused to give. He did not see, that in reality he could not keep it anyway, but he loved his own life, more. He loved this life, not the one hidden in eternity and the Kingdom of Heaven.

So it shall be, and so it is today. Everyone wants to be blessed with presence, and joy, and the many benefits that come with His resting presence. Everyone likes a land filled with peace, as conflicts and wars diminish , and joy fills the streets. This often happens in revival, as Jesus declares His Lord ship, and the demonic tremble.

However, revivals are an act of the Holy Spirit, to conform the Church into the living Image of Christ Jesus, not an effort by God to bless, for blessing sake. It is for the Cross to be Exalted , and remembered, along with the Victory of the Cross, the resurrection. Jesus is their honored as Lord Jahweh Jeshua, All in All, the first and the Last, God Himself, victorious. It is here, that the decree goes forth, alive today, as in the first revival.......Go! Go!.

He is commanding to Go, not for our own obedience to be tested, but because He already has travelled their, for God so loved

[i]The WORLD[/i], that he desires them, as us...to know Him, and the power of His resurrection, to be made conformable to His death, that by any means, they would attain the resurrection.....This is the force, the power of sending, by Love......and the nature of God, and also of his reviving of Himself, to return to the roots of the why.......He sends, and He loves.

It is not a selfish gift, that we would store in the barns of our narcissistic treasures, but a gift to be stewarded , as the barns of Joseph, to feed the World with; to give away. To do so, one must accept the guidelines of a steward of Life itself. Abandon your former life, and obey me, to give as I choose!... God loves, and within ourselves, and our treasures, we cannot steward His.

Count the costs. I believe true revival will come. will we be ready to be as Elisha, to slaughter our oxen, [the strength of our provision], build an alter, and follow our Master, wherever He may go! This is the cost of revival, and the keeping of revival, and it is Satan's objective to persuade God's children to give anything less.....

2008/6/21 13:45

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy