SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Alf

Miami, FL

Revival

I posted this in the wrong forum lol...but here it is in the right one.

-----------------------------------------------

In the last couple days i have seen advertised on the boards "so and so REVIVAL conference in blah blah place and so and so is going..."

I do not understand why this is announced, guys we don’t announce things because if a revival doesn’t happen then you look foolish. Brothers and sisters I beg you not to give into such publicity. We all know that the Lord pours out his spirit when least expected and to those who beg for forgiveness and redemption or better said beg for it. We don’t need to go to conferences to revive our cities we need to run to our closet’s and temples alike in tears.

Please do not get me wrong im not trying to be negative but reading Ravenhill's books i see more and more that advertising is not very much liked by God at all. The Florida revival has a lot advertising in it, too much talking and too little crying and begging on stage. After watching Greg's interview it is made clear that such advertising is not good.

On a side note I live in Miami, FL and well not even a wind of this Revival has blown over here.

Its simple observation take it as you may but know that my intentions are before God and in Christ, much love to all.

2008/6/20 10:11Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Revival

The revival conferences are not "revival" These conferences are aimed at praying FOR and informing people OF revival but are not claiming in any way to be revival happening.

I hope that is clear to you. By just putting the name revival on something obviously does not make it revival.

Please read the mission statement about the conferences for the questions are asked if revival "can" come instead of claiming "revival is here". I hope this clarifies things brother.

In my estimation meetings like this right now are desperately needed to get people to realize only God can turn the tide of the immorality in america and in the world.

[i]Will God send another great awakening? Can revival still change nations? There are over 10,000 conferences that happen every year. The 'Revival Conference' is not to be just another conference but a honest, sincere, earnest plea for the desperate need of revival. The conference will have the chief object to be God-glorifying. There is no cost to attend the event. No materials will be sold. There will be no big bands. The speakers will come on their own accord trusting God for provision. There will be no emphasis on money during the event. The event will be a simple, apostolic, yearning for a genuine biblical revival in our day. The conference is hosted by the ministry of sermonindex.net and is a inter-denominational event. [/i]

https://www.sermonindex.net/revivalconference.php

2008/6/20 11:44Profile
Alf

Miami, FL

Re:

Well that makes alot of sense now, in that case then... Awesome! (:

Edit: and off course my prayers are with you all that attend and the peeps speaking.

2008/6/20 12:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy