Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The Pathetic Milky Way -noblit

[b]The Pathetic Milky Way[/b]
[i]by Jeff Noblit[/i]

As stated last time, the Milky Way is a danger to the true believer and to the church. Unfortunately, most church-goers have grown to love and embrace the milk of teaching while rejecting the solid food of sound doctrine and true Bible preaching. This may be one of the greatest dangers of the church today. Hebrews said it is inexcusable!

Not only is a milk dependency without excuse, but it is pathetic! I want you to grasp what Hebrews 5:12-14 wants you to grasp. “For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. 14But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.” This text teaches that when one remains an infant, spiritually speaking, when he should be mature, it is not only sin, but pathetic. You might even be able to say grotesque. Today in many evangelical pulpits there is a glorying in shallowness and a contempt of any effort to delve into the deeper truths of the Word of God.

As preachers, we are required to preach so that the hearers will know all of Christ that He wants them to know until we see Him face to face. I am not talking about facts and figures, but spiritually dynamic truths and principles that we apply to our lives today. I am talking about knowing it so that you can make it incarnational into your life and heart in a deeper way.

This shallow dependency on milk is sin and is without excuse! We must repent of this dependency! This should lead each of us to bow our heads before God and humbly plead, “Oh, God, help me grow deeper that I may know You better and see you for who you have revealed yourself to be in Scripture.” As pastors we should desire this for our people. Not that they would simply like us and appreciate our sermons, but that they would walk full of God because they have moved on from milk and into solid food.

2008/6/17 19:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy