SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 500 clergy set to desert Church over 'betrayal' on women bishops

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 500 clergy set to desert Church over 'betrayal' on women bishops

[b]500 clergy set to desert Church over 'betrayal' on women bishops[/b]

More than 500 clergy could leave the Church of England in response to proposals to consecrate women bishops that will be debated at the General Synod next month.

Bishops voted narrowly to approve the consecration of women, without enshrining the legal safeguards sought by traditionalists. Instead, dioceses that appoint a woman bishop will merely be asked to sign a voluntary code of practice to ensure that Anglo-Catholics who oppose the move are not discriminated against or forced to act against their conscience.

The Times has learnt that some traditionalists are seeking legal advice on whether it will be possible to sue the Church for constructive dismissal under employment law, should the synod vote in favour of the plans. They are angry that they were promised safeguards when the synod voted to ordain women priests in 1992 and believe that they have been betrayed. ...

read more: http://www.timesonline.co.uk

2008/6/17 18:37Profile
charjo

Re: 500 clergy set to desert Church over 'betrayal' on women bishops

I wonder if this is another example of the church keeping busy with disputation of doctrines instead of fullfilling the Christ mandated ajenda of making disciples of all nations.Will we ever be inspired to move out onto the harvest fields looking forward and outward instead of looking inwards and backwards.I,m not trying to be judgemental just looking for the day when the church will embrace it,s full potential

2008/6/17 19:59Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

charjo wrote:

Quote:

I wonder if this is another example of the church keeping busy with disputation of doctrines instead of fullfilling the Christ mandated ajenda of making disciples of all nations.Will we ever be inspired to move out onto the harvest fields looking forward and outward instead of looking inwards and backwards.I,m not trying to be judgemental just looking for the day when the church will embrace it,s full potential

Welcome to SI charjo. :-)

Does embracing (the curches) full potential mean to let anything fly that the world deems "good"?

In fact, we NEED more churchs to put an end to the hogwash that is overcoming churchs throughout the world, like these folks seem to be doing in this article. If we as a body do not stand for the Lord's ways, who will?

I for one commend these folks for taking a stand. It hard going against the grain sometimes, but then again, Jesus did it...

2008/6/17 20:32Profile
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re: 500 clergy set to desert Church over 'betrayal' on women bishops

With that number of clergy leaving the Church of England, where will they go?

Will they start a splinter-group? Join another denomination? Or go independent?

2008/6/18 7:25Profile

Re:

Quote:

Both things need to happen. Christians need to be reaping the harvest, AND the church needs to take a strong stand against such unscriptural foolishness. If the church doesnt retain purity in doctrine, teaching and leadership... how in the world can it ever be expected to equip the saints to do the work in the fields to begin with?

Judgement begins in the house of God.

Krispy

2008/6/18 10:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy