Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Preaching 101: What To Preach

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I'm listening to a sermon right now that is touching on some of these topics.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3336&commentView=itemComments]Sound Doctrine or "Spiritualizing" by Art Katz[/url]

2008/6/17 18:14Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I agree with just about anything brother Art says :-)

2008/6/17 18:19Profile
BenBrockway

Re: Preaching 101: What To Preach

Preaching 101: Find sermons and outlines online and your set for a year. You never have to worry about opening up the Bible and praying to God for guidance and wisdom. Why worry about spending time in the Word when you could be watching sports on tv or drinking coffee with a few friends. Just print out the online sermon a half hour before church starts and your set for a move of the Holy Spirit like you've never seen.... :-o

2008/6/17 22:25Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Or better yet, wait for the denomination to send you a sermon :-)

2008/6/17 22:30Profile

Re: The denomination sent movie instead...a Sermon- movie!

I've had my mind blown a time or two by the outrageous activities done in the arena of the "SERMON". I've seen circus's brought in with towers and skateboarders, Nubian half clad ballet dancers, dancing to classical music, [with young men drooling with their eyes bugging out..], and even prophetic insight preached in the most odd of demonic religious manifestations, as the possessed one was brought up front to model it!

But as far as slick goes, let me relate a bit less obvious one, that got my attention.

I visited a friend, in another city, over a weekend, and went to His local assembly, that he had attended for some time...T sat threw the usual, predictable niceities, the bulletin, offering number one, announcements, etc. Wow, I did it. Now, for the Word. I had my Bible ready to jump on any scriptures that may be referred to, and also to hide in, to read if the preaching deal got a little too boring. ...you know, catch up on some study,,etc.?

The Pastor came up, introduced himself, and gave a queue, and a movie screen slid down behind Him, and the show began! Very cool neocharismatic tunes began to waft throughout the auditorium, and as the Teacher opened His mouth, a scripture opened within the titles of a slide show, and a partial motion picture, with each and every scene, perfectly orchestrated with his every Word. I did not need my Bible. It was all right here, in the movie. I only had to enjoy! How cool, the Holy Spirit could can Himself! The Narrator, this Pastor, spoke about Him! Right while the Movie displayed the beauty and Pathos of this man of God.

How thoughtfull, to combine entertainment with the Gospel! Everyone was happy, and no one had to work too hard; after all, this was a day of rest.

The only problem that I saw, was that the Holy Spirit took a rest also.....somewhere else, He had went on a short vacation probably, to the broken and desperate!

Oh yeah, the movie. It ended well, and he never missed a beat. The offering #2 was big, I think, because everyone seemed so satisfied. It all went so well....so smooth. Everyone felt they had received a true revelation from God, and I would give it 4 and one half stars out of 5. Almost perfect. Another spirit-filled sunday. :roll:

We've came a long way baby.

2008/6/18 6:49
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Just a brief thought to futher this subject... C.H. Spurgeon once said that every preaching should be a raising of the dead. I think many preachers forget that.

2008/6/18 9:45Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

KingJimmy wrote:
Just a brief thought to futher this subject... C.H. Spurgeon once said that every preaching should be a raising of the dead. I think many preachers forget that.

I totally agree. I think MOST preachers forget that, today.

2008/6/18 15:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy