SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : When is enough, enough?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

When is enough, enough?

Don't watch much television, and after last night I'll watch even less, if any at all.

There was an advert on t.v last night that just shows how much the enemy is laughing at what we call Christianity here in the west.

It was with two children, they came downstairs into the kitchen and said 'Morning Mum'

'Mum' was a man, dressed in an outfit like a chef.

Then 'Dad' came in and said goodbye, just before going out to work.

'Mum' said, 'Haven't you forgotten something?'

Then they kissed.

I was thinking maybe it was a comedy, but that was not how it came across. Neither was it funny.

My son looked at me, and I at him.

No doubt you know, that Colorado has banned the Bible, as such, because of verses that speak against homosexuality.

What, with Lakeland, purpose driven, entertainment orientated churches etc, when will enough be enough for the Church in the west?

Or is it, anything goes?

When is there going to be a solemn assembly?

If what is taking place is grieving us, don't you suppose God, a holy God, is even more grieved at what He sees taking place?

And yet, the apathy is astonishing. No one cares.

We want revival, and a spiritual awakening at too cheap a price.

Since we refuse to pay the price, the results are seen displayed in the world.

Oh, I know, we can use the excuse that this is the last days, but what's that suppose to mean?

We can pay the price of revival, or pay the price of not having revival.

Which is it?

2008/6/17 8:57Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: When is enough, enough?

Quote:
We want revival, and a spiritual awakening at too cheap a price.

What is the meaning that you put behind these words, revival and spiritual awakening?

Quote:
We can pay the price of revival, or pay the price of not having revival.

What the Lord promised that the church will have in the last days? And what we inherited from Him?

2008/6/17 9:08Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Hi Enid,
I read your post last night and didn't have time to respond, but I've been thinking of it since then and felt compelled to consider these things.

Quote:
when will enough be enough for the Church in the west?

Many years ago I was asking the Lord about these things (back then it was name it and claim it as well as a host of other strange things..) and I was also reading Isaiah, and I wondered at these verses:

[i]And He said, 'Go, and tell this people,
"Hear ye indeed, but understand not" and "see ye indeed, but preceive not."
Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see ....'[/i] You probably know the rest...

But then Isaiah asks: "How long?"

The answer stunned me: [i]Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate.....[/i]

Now, I know the theologians would be not be happy with my "spiritualizing" out of "time" thought... but, I wondered.. If the cities were wasted, spiritually corrupted beyond what seemed repair, if the houses were valueless due to some unforseen catastrophe or something that seemed so inappropriate, if the land were desolate (like a picture in a vast desert wilderness with no aid in sight) of spiritual water and bread (not that God is not able to feed in the midst of the deserted place, [b]He is[/b]). How far removed are we now than they were then?

Of course now we have what Israel did not have at that time; but we still have such strong warnings in the New Testament not to be "haughty, but rather fear" not to "neglect" and to "give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away"

Quote:
When is there going to be a solemn assembly?

[i]I will gather them that are sorrowful [b]for[/b] the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.[/i]Zph 3:18

Quote:
If what is taking place is grieving us, don't you suppose God, a holy God, is even more grieved at what He sees taking place?

I often think of that... that God IS more grieved about these things than I.

I can only see "in part",yet I can see the desolation of young lives all around me.. I can see the neglect of the elderly and the widow; the inability to bring wholeness into the lives of the devasted; true freedom to those that are in bonds; hope to the hopeless.......(
At least by vast numbers of churches around the western world)

Since "sin is a reproach to any people" then there are those who should recognize that reproach more than they do presently.

Quote:
And yet, the apathy is astonishing. No one cares.

For years I shed many, many tears thinking this, that there were none (at least almost none) that would "pay the price" of prayer and obedience.. but in my studies God spoke to my heart:

"I have reserved to Myself" (from Romans 11:2-5)

God has a people, I may not see them all, I may not hear them all, I certainly don't know where they all are; but nevertheless, He has a people.

Those who have not bowed to the gods of this age, or if they have they are cleansed and purified by the blood of the Lamb.

Those who weep at the reproach of the "western church world", and lay on their faces for the "shame of face" for our countries.

Those who press ahead to lay hold of what God has layed a hold of them for; who move forward in obedience and humility.

Those who value God and His kingdom more than anything else in this life.

Quote:
Oh, I know, we can use the excuse that this is the last days, but what's that suppose to mean?

Paul told Timothy:[b]Know this[/b][i]that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves,
covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers,
disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
without natural affection, truce breakers,
false accusers, incontinent, fierce,
despisers of those that are good,
traitors, heady, highminded,
lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof..."[/i]

(I hope you don't mind I wrote the whole thing out, it was remarkable to me.)

Though I know where sin abounds grace does much more abound, and in the absolute darkest of night even a small candle shines forth with light that seems the brightest.

No, it shall not get "better", but I believe those that belong to God, who are true to Him will shine forth, and men will see our good works and glorify our Father which is in heaven. (Not our own glory, not the glory for a denomination or a stadium, or a book... but glory due to God alone!)

I apologize for such a long post, and thank you for your patience with me.

Sincerely with Love in Christ,
Sis Lori

2008/6/19 15:05Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
"I have reserved to Myself" (from Romans 11:2-5)

Thank you sister for this... I was stopped in my tracks here when reading you're response..

this very thought will humble us and save us from both arrogance and pity.

[i]"I have reserved for Myself"[/i]. He is the one who has done it. We have not reserved a remnant, He has done it. We have not opened our eyes, He has opened our eyes. what majesty, what sovereignty!!!

this thought also saves us from thinking that we are the only ones.. but Lord, I am the only one (1 kings 18)... NO!! He has reserved others. let us not pity ourselves or lift us up, but let us humble ourselves and continue to call out to Him.

the Lord resist the proud, but He gives grace to the humble... He is close to the broken hearted..

phil

2008/6/19 17:06Profile
Candy_3

Wisconsin

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to thank you all for your messages. I have been saddened by this myself. I am happy to find others with the same thoughts.

I have been having issues with "the church" lately. I don't even know if I should continue going, because I feel that it's all a mockery and it angers and frustrates me so much. I'm so sick of listening to watered down pastors. Where can I find a pastor who is alive and on fire? In my area, I find none. I wish I had someone to go to. I feel like I can't even find another Christian in the area who has a love life for Christ and not for this world.

In Jesus,
Candy

2008/6/20 12:29Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Isn't it strange how people who are genuinely seeking after God's glory seem to be scattered all over the globe?

I'm here in my remote part of the world, some here, some there, and languishing in churches that don't give two bits for the Gospel.

I trust God to do what He has to do.

I know He will. Soon.

2008/6/20 15:49Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Lor-e and Phil, you both hit the nail on the head, so to speak.

Lor-e, your post was so sweet, comprehensive and in the mind of God. Thank you.

That languishing might be provoking those that have been reserved. Let's assume we were all in churches that taught the full counsel of the Word with power and anointing; would we grow complacent, would we fall asleep and not appreciate the fullness. Quite possibly not, but also quite possibly so.

So, I think this languishing has been and will be continually provoking us to holiness and seeking Him.

Remember in Ezekiel 9? Verse 4 - "Go through the midst of the city, even through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations which are being committed in its midst." (NASB)

Now I don't want to be accused of taking scripture out of context and yes this is talking about Jerusalem and those in that city. But should it not mirror and has it not testified to those before us that cried out against all the iniquity of the land. Let us take heart, the Lord will hear our cry, but let us anguish, languish and groan now, for we will be comforted later!

2008/6/20 16:09Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Yet He has provided a way, by this website, for us to see that there are others. A way to encourage each other and teach each other that which He would have us to know. It wasn't too many years back that this would not have been possible. I praise Him that He has given me you, my brothers and my sisters. What a joy it will be to come together in glory!

2008/6/20 16:15Profile

Re:

Candy - I can relate very much to what you wrote and I get the impression that others here can also relate. I've been clinging to this for hope for a year or two now: "...if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another..." I've cried out to him "send me someone to help me! I can't take it any more God!" He is close to the broken hearted. I have no one right now that Is like-minded. I don't like the internet, I wish everyone "here" - that we could all be together face to face. I have to stop trying to do things my way and trust him to provide for me. Who else will? The sweetest fellowship with believers I've experienced has been after the most painful times of loneliness and rejection.

2008/6/21 0:20
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Candy, your post has blessed me greatly. More then I am able to explain.

Thank you sister.

2008/6/21 0:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy