Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Evening Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

Evening Prayer

(Puritan Prayers)

Evening Prayer

O lover of Thy people, Thou hast placed my whole being in the hands of Jesus, my redeemer, commander, husband, friend, and carest for me in Him. Keep me holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners; may I not know the voice of strangers, but go to Him where He is, and follow where He leads. Thou hast bathed me once for all in the sin-removing fountain, cleanse me now from this day's defilement, from its faults, deficiencies of virtue, harmful extremes, that I may exhibit a perfect character in Jesus. O Master, who didst wash the disciples' feet, be very patient with me, be very condescending to my faults, go on with me till Thy great work in me is completed. I desire to conquer self in every respect, to overcome the body with its affections and lusts, to keep under my flesh, to guard my manhood from all grosser sins, to check the refined power of my natural mind, to live entirely to Thy glory, to be deaf to unmerited censure and the praise of men. Nothing can hurt my new-born inner man, it cannot be smitten or die; nothing can mar the dominion of Thy Spirit within me; it is enough to have Thy approbation and that of my conscience. Keep me humble, dependent, supremely joyful, as calm and quiet as a sucking child, yet earnest and active. I wish not so much to do as to be, and I long to be like Jesus; if Thou dost make me right I shall be right; Lord, I belong to Thee, make me worthy of Thyself.

2008/6/17 3:27Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Evening Prayer

WOW!! You don't hear people pray in this sense
anymore. Thanks for sharing this beautiful,
heartfelt devotion!!

2008/6/18 15:07Profile
BenBrockway

Re: Evening Prayer

Thank you for sharing this. :-D

2008/6/18 15:12Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

WOW! a hundred times. Where do you get these words?

2008/6/18 15:17Profile
HeartSong

Re:

These are not my words - they are the words of a puritan.

Oh that He would purify me to the point that such words would freely flow forth . . .

2008/6/18 17:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy