SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : When will Jesus Come

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Demonsmasher

When will Jesus Come

When we start looking for Him not for Hinn or a Todd Bentley or some Miracle only for JESUS
When it is Him We Love and look for

2008/6/15 3:54Profile
theopenlife

Re: When will Jesus Come

Welcome to SermonIndex, Mr. Smasher. I am encouraged to look to Jesus by your post, though I think some clarification would be beneficial.

I recommend reading,

Matthew 24
1 Thes 4 & 5
2 Thes 1 & 2

These are very explicit about when that will be... and the answer is "when it is the appointed time."

Goodnight!

2008/6/15 4:34Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: When will Jesus Come

Quote:

Demonsmasher wrote:
When we start looking for Him not for Hinn or a Todd Bentley or some Miracle only for JESUS
When it is Him We Love and look for

When we see false prophets rising it only confirms that Jesus really is coming. Most people who "mark" false teachers are reminded that Jesus said they would come. In other words, when we mark false teachers it shouldn't deter us from looking for Christ but only confirm his coming.

Mar 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, [b]and shall shew signs and wonders,[/b] to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Mar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

2008/6/15 15:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

And not only is the proliferation of false teachers a sign of the end times so are natural calamities. Consider Mar. 13:8: For nation shall rise against nation,and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows."

Have y'all noticed how these natural disasters occur in 'clusters'? When you have one you will have several in different places. Then there will be some 'quietness' until 'bang' here it goes again....a lot like labor pains to a woman who is giving birth. In between labor pains there may be very little pain felt but that baby is still coming! I promise you it will: it is there and it wants out! So is the Father: he is eager to present to his son his bride, the church - "let's hurry and fetch her"! Ok, men...can't you relate?! :-)

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/6/16 7:55Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

2 Peter 3:11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Indeed, the Lord will come. But He will not do so without us playing our part. We must hasten the day of His coming as it says in 2 Peter 3:12. But that hastening of the Lord's coming will only come as a result of 2 Peter 3:11, of us being the sort of people we ought to be.

2008/6/16 8:33Profile

Re:

When more people are looking to Hinn and Bentley than there are looking to Jesus... thats when He will come back... like a thief in the night. Thats what scripture tells us.

Krispy

2008/6/16 11:27

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy