Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : PCUSA elects pro-homosexual leader

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 PCUSA elects pro-homosexual leader

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

RICHMOND, Va., June 27 (AP) - A peace activist who supports the inclusion of gays in the ministry was elected Saturday to lead the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. for the next two years.

The selection of the activist, Rick Ufford-Chase, comes as the church prepares for a fresh round of debate at its annual convention this week on whether to repeal a ban on gay pastors.

Mr. Ufford-Chase, 40, will serve as moderator of the denomination, which has 2.4 million members. He is the first layperson to hold the unpaid position since 1999.

"I've been dreaming about this opportunity for two full years,'' said Mr. Ufford-Chase, who is an elder at Southside Presbyterian Church in Tucson.

The moderator is the denomination's titular head, presiding over the assembly and serving as the chief spokesman and goodwill ambassador.

2004/6/28 15:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: PCUSA elects pro-homosexual leader

This is awful news I am part of the Presbyterian Church of Canada and I am sure this will have a signifigant impact on my church in the years to come.

"Shame on you you liberal theologians sending people to hell so you can have a job" - Keith Daniel

2004/6/28 15:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy