SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Genuine revival in China, must see video!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Thommy2

Wisconsin

Re:

A must watch video

2008/6/13 13:25Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

There is a significant movement and vision of the chinese christian leaders to take the gospel to all of Asia and back to Jerusalem. Check out the site:

[url=www.backtojerusalem.com/]Back to Jerusalem[/url]

It seems they are willing to cast themselves in the midst of wolves, with no thought for their lives and bring the glorious gospel to India, Iran, Iraq even to Israel and Jerusalem. Wouldn't it be awesome and possibly a fulfillment of what Paul wrote in Romans in provoking the Jews to jealousy. Who else could provoke in this manner than an insignificant chinese man, filled with the Holy Spirit.
But, who am I? Just welcoming some thought here.

2008/6/13 14:53Profile
Thommy2

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:

Ruach34 wrote:
There is a significant movement and vision of the chinese christian leaders to take the gospel to all of Asia and back to Jerusalem. Check out the site:

[url=www.backtojerusalem.com/]Back to Jerusalem[/url]

It seems they are willing to cast themselves in the midst of wolves, with no thought for their lives and bring the glorious gospel to India, Iran, Iraq even to Israel and Jerusalem. Wouldn't it be awesome and possibly a fulfillment of what Paul wrote in Romans in provoking the Jews to jealousy. Who else could provoke in this manner than an insignificant chinese man, filled with the Holy Spirit.
But, who am I? Just welcoming some thought here.

Yeah I remember reading "The Heavenly Man" and hearing Brother Yun talking about it...sounds really really amazing. The response to our brothers and sisters will be interesting.

2008/6/13 15:07Profile

Re:

Amen, thanks for sharing this. This is exactly what I believe we need in America---major persecution, then we will see revival and the true church will rise up while the rest of those who profess to be christians but really are not will fall away.

You don't have to guess who is a christian and who is not in ,China. You either are or you aren't according to your public profession.

May God bring His purifying fire in America!

2008/6/13 15:37
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

I also agree, Rebecca. There are purported stories that the chinese believers pray for us in this manner. Not so we can get a taste of what they are going through, but rather they have seen the blessedness of such persecution and that it is, in fact, the way of the Cross of Christ.

Can anyone here reading this post look at a fellow american, where freedom has reigned for 200 plus years, and put your throat to the knife, so to speak? I have asked myself that question and will continue to. Can we stand in the fire of a kind of persecution that wife, husband, or child may have denied Christ? And now it's our turn to answer? What will that day look like and when will it come upon us.

This day will come shortly and it may be hand-in-hand with this homosexual movement. Will we, in the face of an angry mob (much like righteous Lot), keep our stance and say their lifestyles are a sin and abomination to the Lord?

Hefty, huh?, but it may come...any thoughts on this?

2008/6/13 17:06Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re:

Whilst on the subject of China I read a book recently that I found in an old second hand bookshop. The book is by an English missionary called Archibald Glover, the copy I bought is an old copy from the 1940's but I surprised to see that it is still in print. This amazes me since this book should be on the front shelf at every christian bookshop and instead they promote prosperity rubbish. The book is written by A. E. Glover, and is called 'A thousand miles of miracle in China', if you can get a copy then definately read it!! This testimony absolutely defies belief and will really cause you to think about your own dedication. Archibald Glover was a missionary in China at the turn of the last century, in 1900 he was present in China during the 'Boxer Rebellion'. The only way I can describe his story is this, imagine you went with your wife/husband and 2 small children to Iraq or Afganistan, imagine the daily threat of death you would endure there and then you will catch a glimpse of what this man endured in china. It is amazing to see this video and goes to show that the trials of such amazing men were not in vain! PRAISE GOD!!!

2008/6/13 18:10Profile

Re:

Quote:

Ruach34 wrote:
I also agree, Rebecca. There are purported stories that the chinese believers pray for us in this manner. Not so we can get a taste of what they are going through, but rather they have seen the blessedness of such persecution and that it is, in fact, the way of the Cross of Christ.

Amen, notice how they glow and smile especially when they talk about their own persecution----not out of pride but because they were able to partake of the same sufferings of Christ. They spoke about how Jesus, died and it's like they were right there with Him!

Full of mercy and love for their persecutors in the midst of their suffering to the point of shedding real tears. Also, like you said, they pray for us that we can experience the same thing they also have because they see it as a wonderful gift from God.

2008/6/13 18:55
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

If you've not seen this video, I would strongly recommend it.

The second generation Christians (after Watchman Nee's generation) that are on one of the CDs were my favorite. They were told that they would be raptured and wouldn't experience persecution. They rarely had access to a Bible and yet Jesus was faithful to pull these men through the fire.

The thing that convicted me and encouraged me at the same time was the lack of bitterness and angry. Their love was genuine and palpable.

The dear brother that KingJimmy referenced was Ephrafus (the spelling is wrong) and I watched him many times. There's one amazing scene where the glory of God was on this man and the editors didn't really know what to do. This man was a total nobody but so full of Jesus.

The video is a testament of what God can do to those who are yielded to him. Brother Alan's wife was an encouragement because the Lord carried during her husband's imprisonments and He was faithful.

If Jesus carried these dear ones, He will carry you and me if we yield to Him. What a wonderful testimony of the faithfulness of Jesus. He will be with us in the midst of the fire and as the fires come to America and around the world, Jesus will carry.

Please encourage these dear ones who made this video. The last I heard they were renting a small dental office in Los Angeles...

2008/6/13 22:45Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

This totally blessed me. May God wake us up in america and save us from this self centered we have going on over here. The reason I say that is not to be harsh but I noticed that these people are knit together by the Spirit of God, consumed by God and have the sweet aroma of christ coming out of their lives. They had all things common. seems like here in the states things are more like the laodicean church when they cried "we have increased in goods and have need of nothing" Then sometimes I hear folks say wow wheres the power of revival well we have traded it for Goods to feed our greed. lets all pray for the church in america I believe God still has a remnant a people still sold out to him may he raise them up. This was a great post thanks

2008/6/13 22:47Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re: Genuine revival in China, must see video!!

amazing...I'm speechless

2008/6/13 22:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy