SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival that we need

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jiyouk

Revival that we need

What is the revival that the brothers and sisters here are looking for? I would like to know.
A revival with only a revival of signs and wonders would be nothing. That is not what we need right now. "take joy that your names are written in the book of life." The revival that we need is certainly one of true and deep repentance, a deep encounter with Jesus thorugh the Holy Spirit that will power us to live a life operating in all godliness and the fruits of the Spirit. Yet, this is not the only thing we need. We also need workers of miracles like Acts. Yes, the are not the main thing, and they are not to be sought more than the fruit, but they are still to be sought.

1 Cornthians before chapter 13, "desire the greater gifts and I will show you the best way"
And then Chapter 13, and then Chapter 14, desire the gifts of prophecy. Prophecy without love is nothing but a clanging symbol, but if you have love, then desire the greater gifts. There needs to be a balance between love and power. God is Love. Thats the most important. But he is also the Almighty!

The reason I'm asking this is because a lot of us on this forum seem to be very hungry for a revial of the Cross, true repentance, a revival that will change our lives as a whole, change the community. But at the same time, I think it is a danger that we stand so far from these signs and wonder revivials like Lakeland (for a good reason) that we start to dislike sigs and wonders itself.
Jesus came to "reach the good news to the poor, set the captives free, give sight to the blind, and make the lame walk." All these could be in the spiritual sense ie. the spiritually blind seeing, the spiritually lame walking, but Jesus made the physically blind and lame see and walk as well. We do need this don't we?
A revival that really has Jesus being lifted up as the the snake staff of Moses accompanied by the power of God. I'm intersted in what everybody's opinion is on this. Are we opposed to anything supernatural? Do we desire them? Not more than Jesus, surely no! But even just a little. Not so that you may have POWER, but so that his kingdom may come and that his will may be done.

2008/6/12 23:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Revival that we need

I just re-read the book that I actually re-printed named by this title:

[b]The Revival We Need by Oswald J. Smith[/b]
http://www.amazon.com/Revival-We-Need-Oswald-Smith/dp/1591604443

You can read it FREELY here:
http://www.gospeltruth.net/OJSmith/revival_we_need.htm

2008/6/12 23:50Profile
jiyouk

Re:

Thankyou Greg!
I'm reading this and it's very good. Thank you for your recommendation. Are there any other revival books? I've been trying to find some on the welsh revival online for free, but couldn't find any. Once again, thankyou for taking the time.
Today our youth is planning a prayer meeting from 12 at night to 6 in the morning. I think it will be very good to share this.

2008/6/13 1:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy