SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Lakeland Happenings

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CyndiH

Maryland

Lakeland Happenings

Todd Bentley......really? Could this man possibly be any good for us? I don't think so. I am shocked by the number of people who are taken in by this and it's very disconcerting. Of course (and this is in no way meant to be evil) look at what happened when Hilter rose to power.

My husband has watched some portion of it every night and when I tried to talk with him about this "outpouring", he wanted to hear nothing negative about it. So I stopped talking. I just need to keep praying that either God shows up and tells everyone what's really going on or that he allows this to quickly and quietly run it's course.

Forgive me, please, if I've offended anyone. I just wanted to state my opinion. Thanks :-)

2008/6/6 13:20Profile
Talkn2u

Re: Lakeland Happenings

CyndiH:
It sounds as tho you are in the same place in life as I am.
I see clearly how wrong this movement is, yet people I love and care about cannot see it for the deception that it is.
And the defensiveness that people get when you try to point out that it is not of God, makes you just feel helpless.

I have been praying for Truth to be made known. And it will be. God is not to be mocked.

Fight your fight in prayer.
B.

2008/6/7 21:37Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

I just now thought of the Prophet Elijah, in I Kings 18:19-40

When God showed up at that altar, (where the Baal worshippers were jumping around desperately trying to get their god to bring down fire),there was NO question who the True God is!

That story is GREAT!...God was made known that day...and in the end the land was rid of the false prophets.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever!!!

Bonnie

2008/6/7 22:29Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Our church officially had a discussion in our church meeting about it!
Noone in our church wants to make any clear judgement about it, and that is whats needed.

Most people think it is false as our church originally split of from a church that was practising the Toronto Blessing.
I was brought up in a school in the Toronto Blessing.
It would be good if some figures like David Wilkerson or Carter Conlon made a decleration about this.

It just seems the Information is rather Vague that is coming out someone almost needs to do an article or a book denouncing that it is wrong!

2008/6/10 6:43Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

There is a book out.

Its called The Holy Bible.

2008/6/10 6:56Profile

Re:

lol... that was a great reply, enid.

Love it!

Krispy

2008/6/10 7:44
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I cannot see how anyone can be so enthused about this Todd Bentley. This guy is so full of himself - call it ego, if you wish. (If the personal pronoun 'I' would be banned from usage, the guy would have nothing to say!) And so rude! Imagine: giving someone a hard shove, pushing him down and saying he has now the 'blessing' or whatever it is they call it. And then writhing there on the floor like a cat that has been run over!

To me it is a no-brainer: that guy is beyond weird. But is it possible that too many moderns have been desensitized by their viewing of modern secular films portraying this kind of behavior as acceptable? ( I will admit I have never watched films of this kind, but have seen the pics on the covers which disturbs me in my spirit: I am totally repulsed by it.)

(As an aside: I was checking out a blog posted by a relatives' wife on MySpace. She is very religious, writes a lot about it but her whole blog has an aura of darkness, reinforced by use of black. Anyhow, a male respondent posted a pic there of an angel. It is a beautiful one, obviously a female, with her shirt pulled way up above her knees -halfway to her thigh. This angel: demons, fallen angels look beautiful, do they not? And what does the Scripture say about angels who teach a doctrine contrary to the one Paul preached?)

ginnyrose

2008/6/10 8:25Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Quote: And then writhing there on the floor like a cat that has been run over!

Too right ginnyrose!

To be honest, I think Christian websites are giving these happenings too much attention.

But, time will take care of everything.

2008/6/11 2:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy