SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I am saved by grace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MetaCipher

I am saved by grace

I am just like any of you. A simple man trying to live his life in this world. I’ve always considered myself to be a Christian, someone who followed Christ. But what was the reason why I called myself a Christian. I think it’s that very question that sparked something in me when I was 17. I began to imagine, and began to ponder, the very existence of my life. Everything in life was so mundane, and routine. I began to wonder, what does it mean to actually know God?

Not too soon after this, something happened; I understand the conviction of sin in my life more than I ever had before. I understood what Romans 5:21 tells us, “Though God made a perfect world, Satan persuaded humanity to sin, bringing bondage, diease and death to all.” It was as if I realized how sick, and lost I really was; no title such as Christian could cover over it.

But I knew a precious truth, that Jesus died for our sins and to forgive us. There was nothing I could do on my own to cover of the sins, but by grace through faith in Jesus I was saved. That such a man, if to be called one, as Jesus died for our sins, the ones I commit everyday, is beyond my understanding. As Romans 5:8 states, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

I understood what it meant for the first time to have God love someone like me. I was grateful, and still am today. Suddenly, things began to break lose, the lust was for sin was dimenishing, and the many sins I had once done before were disappearing. Jesus has changed my life more so than any other thing imaginable.

From that point forward, God has changed my life radically. I now live in another state, have a loving wife, a beautiful baby, a coming new home, involved in church, and have great friends. Not that I sought such things, but that God has changed my life because I follow Him.

I invite you to come along side me, and forget about what lies behind or ahead. Jesus loves each and every one of us, and its the reason why he died for our sins. “That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in
your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved” (Romans 10:9-10).

2008/6/6 12:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy