SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A BELIEVING REMNANT

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A BELIEVING REMNANT

God has been speaking to me alot lately about the remnant. God has always had a remnant and today he still has a remnant. Jesus describes this remnant as "a few".

A BELIEVING REMNANT

What is God trying to do with His believing people?-the Bible calls us a remnant according to grace, believers taken out of the great, teeming swarm of so-called religious people in today's world. I am inclined to join others in wondering if the Lord is postponing His coming because He is trying to get His Bride ready? For years it has been the popular idea in evangelical Christianity that the whole body of believers in Christ would rise like a flock of frightened birds when the Lord comes. But A.B. Simpson and William MacArthur and others in the past generation said, "Oh no! The Lord will take with Him those who are prepared and ready for His coming!" I do not presume to give an answer satisfying to everyone in our churches. But I know that many Christians are too smug about this, saying in effect: "I am converted to Christ through grace, so I can live as I please!" Of some things we cannot be dogmatic; but we know this for sure-God has no halfway house between heaven and hell where He takes us to fumigate us!

~ A.W. Tozer

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=4770

2008/6/3 17:06
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: A BELIEVING REMNANT

God has always had a people called to be His own;
who eagerly desire and seek after Him, who thirst
for His Word and His righteousness, who long for
His Kingdom to come and His will to be done in
their lives!! A people for His own possession
indeed!!

2008/6/5 18:23Profile

Re: A BELIEVING REMNANT

Isaiah Chp. 6, vs.s 11 through 13.

Then I said, "Lord, how long?"...He answered, "Until cities are devastated and without inhabitant, houses are without people, and the land is utterly desolate, and foresakedness [ [b]Apostasy[/b]] will be great.

"Yet there will be a tenth portion in it, and it will be subject to burning, like a terebinth or an oak...whose stump remains when it is felled'

[b]"THE HOLY SEED IS IT'S STUMP!"[/b]

The Holy seed is the remnant. These must be baptized with the Holy Spirit , and FIRE. The fire burns them out of sin and impurities, to become holy.

This Word will continue until the end of this age, for the Lord has spoken it. He has always had a persecuted and rejected remnant. These are they of Hebrews 11, of whom the "World was not worthy". Simply those who learned to live by faith in the Son of God's sacrifice, and to love Him with all of their hearts, and their neighbor as their selves.

I believe that this walk is primarily a secret and lonely walk with God, with Jesus's Lordship manifested in all expressions in life, before Him, not men. [not necessarily away from men, or the Church.]

[b]This, I believe is the Believing part.[/b]

I don't like the translation of the word "believing" for in our culture, we believe withour mind.[ sign a contract, make a purchase.] The Biblical meaning of Believing implies a dependence and trust filled with devotion, as an infant may cling to his mother.

Faith must be lived, not just thought out.

2008/6/6 11:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy